Important Questions for Class 12 Biology Biology Important Questions for Class 12 Maharashtra State Board
Biology is the exploration of life. Researcher examine the structure, work, development, starting point, advancement and appropriation of living beings. Biology is important to study because, It helps us get a better understanding about the world in its natural processes, how lives evolves, survives and changes. It gives knowledge about the interaction of cells with organs and organisms, environment and ecosystem. It teaches how various organs and system works on human body and how everything is connected in our body.
The number of asked from Biology Textbook which may be the important biology questions in board examination. The questions are sometimes direct and easy to answer. Hence, dropping some of the topic of your biology textbook is a bad idea.
You must have a good knowledge of biology and its basic concepts i.e., properties and fuctions, role. Spend an ample amount of time to learn the basics and practicing the simple standard biology questions. Get comfortable with the basic level questions and then start solving questions of a higher level…
Below are the some important questions which are commanaly asked in maharashtra state board examination. Prepare yourself with these questions and score well in board examination
Biology Important questions
1. Draw a neat labelled diagram of the hair pin model of t-RNA.
2. There is a hole in the ozone layer. What do you understand by this?
3. Differentiate between cyclic and non-cyclic photophosphorylation.
4. With the help of schematic representation explain Kreb’s cycle.
5. Give schematic representation of carbon cycle.
6. What is ‘biopatent? Give examples.
7. Give the floral adaptations for chiropterophily.
8. What is respiratory quotient (RQ)? Why RQ in anaerobic respiration is infinite?
9. Describe emasculation and bagging along with a diagram.
10. Explain how suspension culture is prepared from callus.
11. What is ‘double fertilization? Describe it with the help of a neat and well labelled diagram. Also state its importance.
12. Draw a neat labelled diagram showing steps of PCR.
13. Explain replication of bacteriophage with the help of a suitable diagram.
14. What is ‘photorespiration’? Explain it with diagrammatic representation.
15. Describe characteristics of genetic code.
16. Describe the experiment of Hershey and Chase to prove that DNA is the genetic material.
17. Describe the ultrastructure of chloroplast. Add a note on the significance of photosynthesis.
18. Differentiate between anemophily and entomophily.
19. State and explain the ‘Law of independent Assortment with a suitable example.
20. Define geitonoga my and xenogamy. Give advantages of self-pollination and cross pollination.
21. What is tissue culture? Describe the methodology of tissue culture.
22. Explain how dichogamy favours cross pollination.
23. With the help of a neat and labelled diagram explain VAM (vesicular arbuscular mycorrhime)
24. Sketch and label V.S. of mature anatropous ovule.
25. What are hiocontrol aged? Mention any two groups of hiocontrol agentsand their hosts.
26. Define vegetative propagation. Differentiate between ‘stem tuber and tuberous roo,
27. Sketch and label seminiferous tubule as seen in the T.S. of tedis.
28. Write a note on desert adaptions.
29. Sketch and label structure of nephron.
30. How kidney functions are regulated2Add a note on kidney transplantation.
31. Give the economic importance of fisheries.
32. With the help of a labelled diagram of lateral view of cerebrum, describe its structure and give any two functions of cerebrum.
33. With the help of a chart explain the method of sex determination in honeybees.
34. What is sex linkage? Explain the inheritance of colour blindness and haemophilia with suitable chard.
35. Give applications of a vaccine.
36. Define “evolution.. Give the principles of Darwind theory of natural selection. Mention any tine’ objection ,
37. Enlist the various types of cancer.
38. Sketch and label phases in oogenesis.
39. Draw a neat and well labelled diagram showing T.S. of ovary and describe the menstrual cycle in human female.
40. With the help of diagrammatic representation, explain de process of gametogenesis.
41. Describe hypertension. Add a note Al angina pectoris.
42. Give the economic importance of 9sheried
43. Sketch and label the ‘structure of HIV’.
44. GiVe the adverse effects of opioids, cannabinoids antl morphines on human health.
45. Describe diagrammatic representation of age structure showing declining popul.on.
46. Describe steady population with the help of a pyramid.
47. With the help of a well labelled diagram describe the internal structure of human heart.
48. Sketch and label T.S. of human kidney.
49. Sketch and label ‘human male reproductive system..
50. Describe the process of budding in hydra.
51. With the help of a well labelled diagram describe the internal structure of human heart.
Here are sevral topics which are very important for annual exam such as
- anatomy of cockroach
- fluid mosaic model
- plastid and its types
- watson crick model
- primary,secondary,tertiary protein
- difference between mitosis and meiosis
- difference between apoplast and symplast
- nitrogen cycle
- C3 and C4 cycle
- glycolysis and kreb cycle
- cardiac cycle
- urine formation
- muscle contaction mechsnism
- generation and conduction of impulse.
- classification of organisms & salient features of eacc.
- anatomical modifications of plant structures with examples & secondary growth
- stages of cell division both in mitosis & meiosis and their difference
- cell theory & fluid mosaic model , cell organelles
- classification & nomenclature of enzymes and enzyme inhibition
- active & passive transport
- C3 & C4 pathway ,
- Z – scheme & photorespation
- Glycolysis , TCA & ETS
- phytohormones , photoperiodism & vernalisation
- digestive enzymes, steps in digestion
- respiratory volumes & capacities , disorders
- cardiac cycle , ECG & disorders
- structure of nephron , urine formation & counter current mechanism
- mechanism of muscle contraction and types of joints
- nerve impulse generation & transmission , reflex arc , mechanism of hearing and vision
- endocrine glands , hormones & their functions
Type of questions asked in Biology Board Examination –
- Multiple Choices Based Questions (MCQs)
- Very Short Answer type questions
- Short Answer I
- Short Answer II
- Long Answer type questions
Class 12 Biology Marking Scheme –
- The MCQs and VSA type of questions carry 1 mark
- Short Answer Type I questions carry 2 marks
- Short Answer Type II questions carry 3 marks
- Long Answer Type questions carry 5 marks
Difficulty level of Class 12 Biology board question paper –
- Most difficulty question – 20%
- Average difficulty questions -50%
- Easy questions – 30%