SSC CPO: Central Police Organisation:
CPO full form is Central Police Organization. It is also known as SSC CPO.
Even today in India, most people give importance to jobs rather than business and do not consider anything better than if the job is government. If you are also trying to get a government job, then you must have heard of SSC that SSC CPO.
Friends SSC is one such institute that recruits employees for different posts in various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India. SSC offers jobs for students from 10th to Graduation. Today we will know what is CPO and CPO Full Form. Before Knowing what you actually CPO you must know about the SSC. so firstly we discuss SSC and then discuss CPO’s full form.
SSC is an organization that conducts various exams every year for various government jobs. What should be the qualification for appearing in the SSC examination depends on which job he has applied for. These organizations hire thousands of government servants every year, which fulfills India’s youth’s dream of getting a government job.
What work does SSC do? What are the exams for which job and what should be the qualification to take the exam? Today we will give you the answers to all these questions in detail.
What is SSC: SSC Full Form & Meaning:
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a board functioning under the Government of India that recruits employees for several positions in offices under various ministries and departments of the Government of India. SSC was founded in 1977. The headquarters of SSC is located in New Delhi. It has two sub-regional offices in Raipur and Chandigarh with seven regionals in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Guwahati, Prayagraj, and New Delhi.
While another government body of India, UPSC, conducts examinations for recruitment to services and posts under the central government, the same SSC is recruited for a slightly lower level of the job. The administrative duties in SSC jobs are slightly less compared to the jobs under UPSC Exam. The number of posts for SSC recruitment every year depends on the number of vacancies in different departments that year. These vacancies are determined by central government departments and ministries.
CPO full Form
The full form of CPO is Central Police Organization. SSC CPO (SI) Examination conducted at the national level by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) for the post of Sub Inspector in various central government police organizations like CRPF, ITBP, CBI, SSB, CISF, BSF, SI, etc. Is used to fill the required candidates. Due to its national-level approach, this test is taken by a large number of candidates who want to join these organizations on a priority basis.
Qualification for SSC CPO: –
- The students are recruited from SSC CPO Central Police Organization. Those who wish and deserve to go to the police must see this. We are mentioning below the educational qualification associated with SSC CPO. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Age Limit (Male / Female) – 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit (Male / Female) – 25 years
If you come from the OBC category, then you will get 3 years of relaxation from the upper age limit and 5 years from the upper age limit for students coming the from SC / ST category. At the same time, 3 years of age relaxation has been given from the upper age limit for Ex-Servicemen.
SSC CPO exam Paper pattern
To crack SSC Central Police Organization- Sub-Inspectors exam, all you students are required to qualify for the exam for Phase1, Phase 2, Phase 3, and Phase 4.
- Phase 1: It will have Computer Base Exam Objective Test. (paper-1)
- Phase 2: You have to clear PET & PST.
- Phase 3: Paper 2 will have English MCQ Paper
- Phase 4: DME Medical Examination has to be cleared.
SSC CPO (S.I) Exam 2020 Syllabus
SSC CPO SI Written examination consists of:
Paper I: General Studies
a. General Intelligence and Reasoning
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization problem-solving analysis judgment, decision making visual memory discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning verbal and figure classification arithmetical number series non-verbal series, etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidates’ ability to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations, and other analytical functions.
b. General Knowledge and General Awareness
This portion of Questions will be aimed to test the Aspirant’s general awareness of the environment around him/her and its important application to society. This Questions will be designed to test candidates’ knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include important questions relating to India and its neighboring countries like History, Culture, scientific research, Geography, economic scene, and General polity.
c. Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude
In this portion the questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. and mainly focused on the computation of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions and the relationship between numbers, decimals, and fractions, and relationships between numbers, This portion test your sense of the order of magnitude, estimation or prediction for the solution to real life problems and knowledge of alternative computation procedure to find answers.
d. English Comprehension
Paper II English language and Comprehension :
In paper II candidates mainly tested in:
Simple and plain use of English Language and clarity of expression. Effective Communication skills in English.
Note:- SSC CPO Paper-II is evaluated for only those candidates who qualify in Paper I- (Objective type paper).
SSC CPO Physical Ability
To become a police officer, the physical fitness of the candidates is as important as getting an education. Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET) are conducted to check the physical weaknesses of the candidates, which is conducted by the CAPF. If you want to become a Sub Inspector or Assistant Sub Inspector in Delhi Police or CAPFs, then you have to meet all the below-mentioned standards.
SSC CPO Physical Standard Test (PST) for Male Candidates (For All Post)
Height / Height:
- The minimum height of male candidates for the General Category should be 170 cm.
- The minimum height for the candidates coming from hilly areas is 165 cm.
- Chest / Chest: The minimum chest measurement should be 80 centimeters without being inflated and 85 centimeters when inflated.
- For the candidates belonging to hilly areas, the minimum chest measurement should be 80 centimeters without inflating and 85 centimeters when inflated.
- For the candidates coming from Scheduled Tribes, the minimum chest measurement should be 77 cm without inflating and 82 cm when inflated.
SSC CPO Physical Standard Test (PST) for Female Candidates (For All Post)
- The minimum height of General women candidates should be 157 cm.
- If you are a resident of a hilly area, then your minimum height should be 155 cm.
- The minimum height for ST women candidates should be 154 cm.
Note: There will be no minimum chest measurement requirement for female candidates.
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET) for Male Candidates (For All Post)
- For physical efficiency tests, candidates have to take part in races, Long Jump, High Jump, and Shot put.
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters
- High Jump: 1.2 meters
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET) for Female Candidates (For All Post)
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters
- High Jump: 0.9 meters
The Central Police Organization (CPO) Examination is conducted by The Staff Selection Commission for appointment to the following posts: –
- Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police,
- Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in CISF.
- Sub Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Sub Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP)
- Sub Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
How to fill SSC CPO form
- If you want to fill out the form SSC, then for that you will have to go to the official website of SSC.
- When you visit the SSC website, you will be asked to register there. So if you have not registered yet, then create your account. If you have already created an account, then you cannot create another account.
- During the account creation, you will be asked about your personal qualification. And you will also be asked for an Aadhaar card number for ID proof. Which is necessary to insert. Once you have completed the form, you have to submit the form.
- Now an ID or Registration no will come on your email which will act as ID.
- Now you have to log in again through your ID. And now you can apply for whatever new form has come out.
- When applying for the post in SSC, you will be asked about your qualification, then you fill the form very carefully and accurately so that your form is not rejected.