How to Crack NCBS JGEEBILS Exam
Eligibility Criteria :
To take admission, applicants must have a Masters’s in Basic Science or a bachelor’s degree in Applied Science. These include MSc (Agriculture), BTech, BE, BVSC, BPharma (4-year course), MBBS, BDS, and MPharma. Applicants who have trained in Physics or Chemistry can also apply. Bachelor’s degree in Basic Science is mandatory for Integrated Ph.D. / MSc by Research Program. At the same time, to get admission to MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation Program, applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks in core subjects.
Selection Procedure :
All applicants will have to take the written examination of JGEBEBLS to be held at various centers across the country. This exam will cover basic topics of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. A separate written test will be taken for the MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation Program covering general knowledge, analytical and quantitative skills, and topics of Wildlife Biology. Also, an essay has to be written on the issue of conservation. Applicants who pass this entrance test will be sent forms for the next stage of the selection process. Applicants will be shortlisted for interviews based on the information sought in these formats and their performance in the written examination. These interviews will take place in Mumbai and Bangalore. Interviews will be held in Mumbai in February / March 2024 and in Bangalore in May / June 2024.
The last date to fill out the application form for the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) 2024 of NCBS has been fixed as January 2024. This exam will be conducted on 7 March 2024. On this day, the morning session will be from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
There will be tests in Physics, Chemistry, Computer and Systems Sciences, Wildlife Biology, and Conservation. At the same time, the afternoon session will be from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm. It will have tests in Mathematics and Biology (Ph.D., Integrated Ph.D., and MSc by Researchers).
Exam centers :
For this exam, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kochi, Delhi, Guwahati, Haldwani, Hyderabad, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Srinagar, Varanasi and Examination centers will be built in Visakhapatnam.
How to apply
Applicants can fill out the online application form by visiting the NCBS website https://Www.Ncbs.Res.In. Applicants from far-flung areas, who do not have internet facilities, can send a request for an application form in a self-addressed envelope with a stamp of Rs 10 – Admission Section, National Center for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research GKVK, Bellary Road Bangalore- 560 065
Along with filling out the application form, applicants will also have to submit the application fee. Male applicants will have to pay an application fee of Rs 600. Male applicants who apply through the post will have to pay an application fee of Rs 650. At the same time, the application fee for women applicants will be Rs 100, whether they apply online or through post. Applicants can pay fees through demand draft, net banking, credit or debit card.
Tips to prepare for NCBS JGEEBILS 2024
1. Please check the question papers of the last few years. This helps in understanding the exam pattern and important topics. This increases your self-confidence, as well as your preparation also moves in the right direction. If needed, the help of your seniors and teachers should also be taken.
2. You should be fully familiar with your syllabus. Now all questions are objective, so no topic should be left out.
3. You should give priority to some topics. This exam covers most of the topics of your PG course, so your grip on every subject should be strong. The test papers of general awareness must be solved.
4. Personal notes must be made. These notes are very useful for ‘last-minute study’.
5. Large notebooks or registers should be kept. Divide the notebook into three columns. Write the topic, title, and serial number in the left column, the main cut in the middle column, and any updates or references in the last column.
6. You should do your preparation properly. You should know which subject to study for how long and for how long. Should not be a waste of time
7. The most important thing is that you should be positive and full of self-confidence. Self-confidence reveals your preparedness.
If you have thought that you have to make a career in research, then NCBS JGEEBILS will be your first step in this field.