RPSC RAS Exam 2023: Exam Dates, Eligibility, Patterns, Syllabus
Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) is one of the reputed and honest positions in the state of Rajasthan. In this article, we will tell you about RAS, what is RPSC RAS or who is RAS officer, what is his job, and how to become a RAS officer? Thousands of Rajasthan students want to do this job, if you also want to become a RAS officer, then this post is important for you.
Every student dreams of doing a government job because a government job is like security for their future. That is why today everyone’s dreams are to find a government job. If you are reading this post, Then you too are dreaming of becoming a government employee, a RAS Officer.
In this article, we have tried to share complete information about RPSC RAS for RAS Officer candidates. Eligibility for what you need to do to become an RPSC RAS officer in 2021, how to prepare for RAS exams, how to study, RAS recruitment process as well as RAS officer work, RAS officer salary, etc.
What is a RAS Officer?
The RAS is a council under the Rajasthan government that selects officers for administrative work to fill vacancies in the state. RAS is the largest position at the state level. This is a wonderful post. RAS is a very valuable position after IAS (Indian Administrative Office). The RAS Officer has great power. It is the highest position in the state, but an RA S officer has many responsibilities.
RPSC conducts examinations for various administrative posts in the state. Many students appear in the RPSC exams to make their careers as administrative officers. It is known that administrative officers face many challenging situations during service. All posts under RPSC are honorable, qualified, and full of prospects.
Many young candidates appear in the prestigious examination of RPSC to be selected as officers. The rank of RPSC officers provides respect, good standing, and an attractive salary in society. Appropriate power is also included in these posts. The top posts of RPSC include: –
- Administrative Services.
- Police service.
- Prison Service and Industry Service.
- Cooperative Services in Allied Services.
- Tehsildar Service.
- Product Services and Industry Services.
RPSC RAS Post and State Services
- Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS)
- Rajasthan Police Service (RPS)
- Rajasthan Account Service
- Rajasthan Industry Service
- Rajasthan State Insurance Services
- Rajasthan Cooperative Services
- Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service
- Rajasthan Jail Service
- Rajasthan Planning Service
- Rajasthan Women and Child Development
- Rajasthan Fertilizers and Civil Supplies
- Rajasthan Rural Development Service
- Rajasthan Women Development
- Rajasthan Minority Service
- Rajasthan Excise (General)
- Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Force)
RPSC Subordinate Services
- Rajasthan Subordinate Service Tehsildar
- Rajasthan scheme subordinate service
- Rajasthan temple subordinate service
- Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Commercial Tax Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Cooperative Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Women and Child Development Subordinate Jail Welfare Officer
- Social Welfare Officer Rajasthan Labor Welfare Subordinate Service
- District Minority Welfare Officer Rajasthan Program Officer
Qualifications for RAS
First of all, RAS candidates should have graduated from any recognized university. You must have a degree.
Educational qualifications for RAS
- Arts students must have a degree. Arts: B.A (Bachelor of Science)
- The student must have a B.Sc. Science: BSc (Bachelor of Science)
- Business students must have a B.Com degree. (Trade: B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
Age limit for the responsible RAS
The RAS candidate must be between 21 and 35 years old. Also, the scores of the candidates must be good, only then the choice will be made differently.
- SC / ST Male – 5 Years
- Female SC / ST – 10 years old
- General woman – 5 years old
- Widow and divorced woman – No limit
- Age Relaxation for People with Disabilities: (Disabled)
- General – 10 Year
- BC / SBC – 13 Year
- SC / ST – 15 Year
What to do to become a RAS officer
To become a RAS officer, you must apply for RAS. A RAS recruitment test is performed every year, when RAS recruitment is out, you can apply for RAS.
To clear the RAS exam, you must take 2 exams, after which you have an interview. After passing the interview you chose.
The RAS exams are conducted in THREE stages as follows.
- Preliminary examination
- Main Examination
- Preliminary examination
Read: How to prepare for RPSC RAS Exam
This is an objective test that has 200 points and there are only 200 questions in this article. Only if you pass the preliminary exam with a good grade, then you can participate in the main exam. The RAS candidate who spreads in the preliminary exams cannot appear in the main exam.
Now, let’s talk about the main exam: The main exam has 4 papers of 200-200 grades. The candidate who passes the main examination is called for the next stage, ie interview.
After passing the preliminary examination and the main examination, the candidate is called for an interview. If you pass the RAS interview, then you will select the RAS post.
After that, the list of candidates who left the interview was prepared by the RPSC (Rajasthan Public Service Commission). Candidates are selected for various RAS officer positions according to the ranking in the list of values.
Pre Exam Pattern for RPSC RAS 2023
The RAS written examination consists of objective-type questions. RPSC RAS Pre Exam consists of General Knowledge and General Science subjects. It is an objective type paper and carries 200 marks. The paper is of standard Bachelor’s degree level. The duration of the paper is 3 hours. 1/3 mark was deducted for each wrong answer. 150 questions are available which are multiple choice.
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination for RAS
History, art, culture, literature, tradition, and heritage of Rajasthan
- Important historical events of the history of Rajasthan, major dynasties, their administrative and revenue system, and socio-cultural issues.
- Freedom movement, public awareness, and political integration.
- Major features of architecture – Forts and monuments.
- Arts, paintings, and handicrafts.
- Important works of Rajasthani literature, and regional dialects.
- Fairs, festivals, folk music, and folk dances.
- Rajasthani culture, tradition, and heritage.
- Religious movement, saints, and folk deities of Rajasthan.
- Important tourist destination.
- The prominent personality of Rajasthan.
History of India
- History of Ancient and Medieval India –
- Major features and important historical events of the history of ancient and medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature, and Architecture.
- Major dynasties, their administrative social, and economic system. Socio-cultural issues, major movements.
- History of the modern period of India –
- History of Modern India (mid-18th century to present) – Major events, personalities, and issues.
- Freedom Struggle and Indian National Movement – Different stages, contributors of different regions of the country, and their contributions.
- The social and religious reform movement in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- National integration and reorganization in the post-independence period.
Main Exam Pattern for RPSC RAS 2023
The main written examination of RAS will include the following four papers which will be descriptive/analytical. A candidate has to take all the papers listed below which will include short, medium, and long answers and descriptive type question papers. The standard for General Hindi and General English will be of the Senior Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper will be 3 hours.
Syllabus for the Main Exam for RAS
Question Paper-1 – General Knowledge and General Studies
Unit I – History
- Block A – History, Art, Culture, Literature Tradition, and Heritage of Rajasthan
- 18th century from prehistoric times. Soon, the important dynasty of Rajasthan’s history, their administrative and revenue system till the expiry of.
- Major events of 19th-20th century peasant and tribal movement, political awakening, freedom struggle, and integration.
- Rajasthan’s heritage performance and fine arts, handicrafts and architecture, fairs, festivals, folk music, and folk dances.
- Important works of Rajasthani literature and dialects of Rajasthan.
- Saints, folk deities, and important personalities of Rajasthan.
Block B – Indian History and Literature
- Indian Heritage – Fine arts, performing arts, architectural traditions, and literature of India from the Indus civilization to the British period.
- Religious Movements and Religions of Ancient and Medieval India.
- History of modern India from early 19th century to 1965 AD Important developments, personalities, and issues.
- National Movement of India – its various stages and streams, major contributors, and contributions from different parts of the country.
- The socio-religious reform movement in the 19th-20th century.
- Post-Independence Strengthening and Reorganization – Merger of native princely states and reorganization of states on a linguistic basis.
Block C – History of the Modern World
- Renaissance and Reformation.
- Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution.
- Imperialism and Colonialism in Asia and Africa.
- Impact of World War.
Unit II – Economy
Block A – Indian Economics
- Major sectors of the economy are agriculture, industry and service, current status, objectives, and initiatives.
- Banking currency – the concept of supply and high power currency, role and functioning of the central bank and commercial banks, non-performing assets, financial inclusion, monetary policy concept, objectives, and tools.
- Public Finance Tax Reforms in India – Direct and Indirect Taxes, Delivery, Cash Transfer and Other Related Issues, Current Fiscal Policy of India.
- Recent trends in the Indian economy – Role of foreign capital, multinational companies, public distribution system, foreign direct investment, export-import policy, 12th Finance Commission, poverty alleviation schemes.
Block B – Global Economy
- Global Economic Issues and Trends, Role of World Bank, International Currency and World Trade Organization.
- Concept of developing, emerging, and developed countries.
- India in the global scenario.
Block C – Economy of Rajasthan
- Agriculture, horticulture, dairy, and animal husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Industrial Sector Growth and Recent Trends.
- Growth, development, and planning with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Current developments and issues in the service sector of Rajasthan.
- Major development projects of Rajasthan – their purpose and impact.
- Public Private Partnership Model for Economic Transformation in Rajasthan.
- The demographic scenario of the state and its impact on the economy of Rajasthan.
Unit – III. Sociology, Management, and Business and Administration
Block A – Sociology
- Development of sociology ideas in India.
- social values.
- Caste class and occupation.
- Varna, Ashram, Purusharth, and Sanskar arrangements.
- Problems and social problems.
- Tribal communities of Rajasthan – Bhil, Meena, and Garasia.
Section B – Management
- Management – field, concept, management functions – planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordination and control, decision making, concept, process, and technology.
- The modern concept of marketing is marketing mix – product, price, place, and promotion.
- Concept and purpose of maximization of wealth, sources of finance – short and long term, capital structure, cost of capital.
- Concepts and key principles of leadership and motivation, basic principles of the communication process, recruitment, selection, motivation, training and development, and evaluation system.
Block C – Business Administration
- Techniques of financial statement analysis, fundamentals of working capital management, accountability, and social accounting.
- Meaning and purpose of audit, internal control, social, performance, and efficiency audit.
- Different types of budgets and their fundamentals, budgetary control.
RAS 2023 Exam
Details of the RAS 2023 examination will be updated here as soon as the committee issues the latest RAS notice:
- RAS 2023 Notice: August / September 2023 (Indicative)
- RAS / RTS Exams (Qualifiers) 2023: October / November 2023 (Indicative)
- RAS / RTS (Mains) 2023 Exam: January 2023 (Indicative)
RPSC Exam Dates
RAS examination dates for the year 2023 will be announced by the committee with the RAS 2023 Notification. The RAS 2023 examination is being tested with the upcoming personality test and the dates were:
- Notification Date – Not yet released
- Vacancies – Will be given in the notification
- The application deadline – Will be reported on the RAS notice
- Admit card – One month before the RAS preliminary examination
- Pre-examination – Not yet announced
Salary of a RAS officer
Now this question must come to your mind, what will be the salary of the RAS officer? In fact, the salary of the RAS officer is decided by the RPSC. Determines the RSS salary according to the rules of India. The RAS salary is different for each position.
Therefore, the salary for this job depends on the rank and rank of the RAS officers. RAS officers receive a grade point average (GP) depending on their rank. In addition, the RAS employee’s salary is based on their basic pay, grades, bonuses, compensation cities, etc.
However, the RAS officer receives an entry fee of Rs 5,400 and a basic salary of Rs 21,000. The total monthly salary, when combined with DA and HRA, is around Rs 52,000.
Books for Preparation of RPSC RAS Exam
It will be very important to know what questions will be on the RAS exam and what you will study for the RAS exam. Therefore, we tell you the RAS books, with the help of which you can prepare for the RAS exams.
Rajasthan Geography: Lr, Bhalla Sahitya Akademi Publication and Lakshya Publication.
History of Rajasthan
Rajasthan Economy – Website of Nathuramka, Lakshya, and Rajasthan tourism, agriculture, and other various parts of the state government.
Rajasthan Culture – Jai Singh Neeraj, Lakshya.
Books for General Studies
- Indian Economy – Red and red, overdrive mirror.
- Geography of India – Mahesh Barnwal, Khullar.
- Constitution and politics – Subhash Kashyap, BK Sharma.
- Numerical, General Math – RS Aggarwal, Herald Publications.
- General reasoning of information
- Current affairs – Chronology, Mural Publications, Chronicle of Public Administration Services.
How to apply for RPSC RAS 2023 exam
- Visit the official website of RPSC
- Click on the registration link available for the new user
- Fill in the required details and choose a password
- Submit RAS Registration Form
- On successful registration, a registration number/user ID is generated which candidates are required to keep for future reference.
- Login to the registered account using the system-generated user ID and password
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form
- Upload all required documents such as scanned images of photos and signatures
- Pay the RPSC RAS application fee online mode.
- Verify all the information entered in the application form carefully
- Click on submit button
- Take a clear print of the filled application form and system-generated receipt
- After this, the RPSC RAS application process for the candidate is completed.
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission does not accept applications submitted in full or offline mode.
- Candidates should ensure that the mobile number entered by them in the application form is correct and currently in use. This is because all important information regarding the exam is communicated to the candidates through SMS or call.
- The application fee is non-refundable once submitted.
RPSC RAS Admit Card:
- Visit the official website (rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in)
- Click on the examination dashboard given under the candidate information
- Go to Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Examination Table.
- Click on the download admit card link given in the row
- A new screen will appear, log in with credentials.
- Download RPSC RAS Admit Card 2021
- Take two printouts of the admit card for future reference.
RPSC RAS Exam Result 2023
- Visit the official RPSC website (rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in)
- Click on the RAS Result link and scroll to the News and Events section
- Find the desired roll number in the RAS Result PDF
- Download the RAS Result PDF and save it for future reference.
RPSC Contact Details
Address – Ghooghara Ghati, Jaipur Road, Ajmer 305001
Phone – 0145-2635200
Helpline – 0145-2635212
How to prepare for the RAS exam
We all know that every candidate has his own different way of understanding things. But in the exam, everyone has to follow the same syllabus. Therefore, it is natural that some methods of preparation will be common. If you have to pass the RAS exam then you need to prepare properly then only you can clear the RAS exam. We have also listed some RAS exam tips here, which you can prepare for the RAS exam by following Tips.
- First, read and understand the syllabus of the RPSC Main Exam.
- To understand the nature, quality, and difficulty level of questions asked in the exam, refer to the previous year’s papers for the RPSC Mains exam.
- Also, practice these question papers regularly to familiarize yourself with the exam.
- Make notes based on the syllabus and repeat them regularly.
- Find out about the RAS exam curriculum and find out what topic questions will come up in the RAS exam. If you know the subject and syllabus of the RAS exam, then you can better prepare.
- Read last year’s RAS questionnaire, it shows you the pattern of the RAS exams. Therefore, old questionnaires can also be useful.
- Also, make a schedule for your RAS exam study, and pay more attention to the topic in which you are weak.
Frequently Asked Questions about RPSC RAS 2023
What is the RAS test?
RAS stands for Rajasthan Administrative Services. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) is recruiting RAS candidates.
How many Attempts do you have in RAS?
Therefore, there is no limit to the number of attempts at the RPSC RAS test. However, there is an age limit of 35 for general category candidates.
What is the job of the RAS officer?
RAS officers hold various positions at the sub-regional and regional level while providing a variety of government services in addition to revenue administration and law and order. They operate at the management level for implementation and policy making.
What is the age limit for RAS Tests?
Minimum age – 25 years (from 01/01/2022) Maximum age – 45 years (from 01/01/2022)
What is the difference between RAS and IAS?
RPSC RAS is the Supreme Administrative Examination of the State of Rajasthan, while IAS is the Supreme Administrative Examination of our country.
Is coaching needed to break the RAS 2023 Exam?
Each candidate has different needs and abilities. Joining an educational institution is a very subjective decision. It may help some candidates to understand the structure and pattern of RAS examinations, but some of them find it useless. It varies from candidate to candidate.
What is the age limit for RAS 2023 exams?
RAS is the most difficult exam in the state. The age limit for RAS exams is different for different categories. Defined as follows The minimum age is 21 years. The upper age limit is 40 years. The age of the candidates is calculated on the 1st of January of the year of the exams.
When does the RPSC issue the RAS Exam notice?
The RAS Notice is issued in April of each year and the RAS Preliminary Issues take place in May – June.
In this article, we have shared with you complete information about the RAS Officer. We hope that after reading this post to the end, you will have complete information about the RAS officer. What is RAS like? How to become a RAS officer? For this, eligibility, recruitment process, how to pass the RAS exams, curriculum, RAS topics, RAS salary, etc. Now you will not have to search for RAS on the Internet and read related articles.
If you still need more information about RAS or have related questions, then you can ask us in the comments. We will be happy to help you.
If you want to become an IAS officer and are looking for information about IAS, go to the article below. How did you become an IAS officer in this? You will receive complete information.