Physics MCQ Questions Class 9 Motion with Answers
Class 9 Motion MCQ is a very important chapter for Class 9 students. CBSE Class 9 Board exam is important in your life, because your future career depends upon your score in board exam. In Class 9 motion MCQs your knowledge, intelligence, memory and quick response is tested. Your speed and accuracy is the essence of this Class 9 Board examination. For this you have to cultivate a different frame of mind. For this first solve the different MCQs given in this page and then try to complete each Chapter textbook solutions given on ybstudy.com.
with Our class 9 Motion MCQ Find out where you stand, your strong points and weak points and try to take corrective steps immediately. In this process your subconscious mind will be thinking about the correct answers of Motion MCQ Class 9 for those questions and in the second round, you will be getting most of the answers. Remember before starting to solve motion class 9 MCQ online test all the important formulae and the meaning of all definitions should be understood.
Physics MCQ Questions class 9 Motion with Answers Important points to remember
- The change of position of object is called as motion.
- It is expressed interms of displacement, velocity, acceleration and time. Simple kinematics is a branch of science which deals with the study of motion of object.
- In motion of magnet, the magmitude and direction of velocity changes with time. The object in such a situation moves on curved path in a plane. This type of motion is called plane motion.
- In projectile motion both magnitude and direction of acceleration remains constarnt, while in circular motion magnitude remains constant but direction changes continuously.
- The motion of object or body or particle along the circumference of a circle is called circular motion.
- Examples of circular motion are Motion of satellite around the earth, Motion of electron around the nucleus, Motion of earth around the sun.
- Displacement is a shortest path between initial and final position of body whereas distance is a actual length of path travelled by body irrespective of direction.
- Motion of a particle along the circumference of a circle with constant angular velocity is called Uniform Circular Motion (U.C.M.) and work done on the body in U.C.M. by centripetal force is zero.
- Angular acceleration, angular velocity and angular displacement have same direction, given by right hand rule.
Here are the list of class 9 motion MCQs
Multiple Choice Questions ( Motion Class 9 MCQ Online Test )
1. A particle is moving in a circular path of radius r. The displacement after half a circle would be_______
(b) π r
(c) 2 r
(d) 2π r
Answer is (c) 2 r
2. A body is thrown vertically upward with velocity u, the greatest height h to which it will rise is____________
Answer : (b) u2/2g
3. The numerical ratio of displacement to distance for a moving object is_______
(a) always less than 1
(b) always equal to 1
(c) always more than 1
(d) equal or less than 1
Answer : (d) equal or less than 1
4. If the displacement of an object is proportional to square of time, then the object moves with________
(a) uniform velocity
(b) uniform acceleration
(c) increasing acceleration
(d) decreasing acceleration
Answer : (b) uniform acceleration
5. From the given v – t graph (Fig. 8.1), it can be inferred that the object is_______
(a) in uniform motion
(b) at rest
(c) in non-uniform motion
(d) moving with uniform acceleration
Answer : (a) in uniform motion
Question 6. Suppose a boy is enjoying a ride on a merry-go-round which is moving with a constant speed of 10 ms-1 It implies that the boy is_______
(a) at rest
(b) moving with no acceleration
(c) in accelerated motion
(d) moving with uniform velocity
Answer: (c) in accelerated motion
7. Area under a v – t graph represents a physical quantity which has the unit
(d) m s–1
Answer : (b) m
8. Four cars A, B, C and D are moving on a levelled road. Their distance versus time graphs are shown in Fig. 8.2. Choose the correct statement________
(a) Car A is faster than car D.
(b) Car B is the slowest.
(c) Car D is faster than car C.
(d) Car C is the slowest.
Answer : (b) : Car B is the Slowest.
9. Which of the following figures (Fig. 8.3) represents uniform motion of a moving object correctly?
Answer : (a)
10. Slope of a velocity – time graph gives
(a) the distance
(b) the displacement
(c) the acceleration
(d) the speed
Answer : (c) the acceleration
11. In which of the following cases of motions, the distance moved and the magnitude of displacement are equal?
(a) If the car is moving on a straight road
(b) If the car is moving in Circular path
(c) The pendulum is moving to and fro
(d) The earth is revolving around the sun.
Answer: (a) If the car is moving on a straight road
Important physics mcq questions class 9 motion with answers intent MCQs
1. When a body performs a U.C.M. it has_______
(a) a constant velocity
(b) a constant acceleration
(c) an acceleration of constant magnitude but variable
(d) an acceleration, which changes with time
Answer : C
2. A particle A performs a U.C.M. in a horizontal plane while particle B performs a U.C.M. in the vertical plane. The angular velocity vectors of A and B will be_______
(a) parallel to each other
(b) perpendicular to each other
(c) inclined to each other
(d) oppositely directed
Answer : B
3. The Rate of change of displacement is called_________
Answer. (a) Velocity
4. Acceleration is a vector quantity, which indicates that its value is ________
(a) Is always negative
(b) Is always positive
(c) Is zero
(d) Can be positive, negative or zero
Answer. (d) Can be positive, negative or zero
5. For a particle moving along a circular path, the angular velocity vector is directed_______
(a) along the radius towards the centre
(b) along the radius but away from the centre
(c) along the tangent to the circular path
(d) along the axis of rotation
Answer : D
6. A particle performing a U.C.M.______
(a) has a radial velocity
(b) has a radial acceleration, directed towards the centre
(c) has a tangential acceleration
(d) has a radial acceleration, directed away from the centre
Answer : B
7. An object moves along a curved path. The following quantities may remain constant during its motion.
(c) magnitude of acceleration
(d) Both ‘a’ and ‘c’
Answer : D
8. In circular motion, the radius vector_____
(a) has a constant magnitude and direction
(b) changes in magnitude and direction
(c) changes in magnitude but has a fixed direction
(d changes in direction but has a fixed magnitude
9. In which case, the application of angular velocity is not useful?
(a) Motion of the minute hand of a clock
(b) Motion of a bullet fired from a gun
(c) Motion of the blades of a fan
(d) Motion of fly wheel
Answer : B
10. A motor car is going due north at a speed of 50 km/h. It makes a 90° left turn without changing the speed. The change in the velocity of the car is about______
(a) 50 km/h towards west
(b) 70 km/h towards south-west
(c) 70 km/h towards north-west
Answer : (b) 70 km/h towards south – west
11. An object may have______
(a) varying speed without having varying velocity
(b) varying velocity without having varying speed
(c) nonzero acceleration without having varying velocity
(d) nonzero acceleration without having varying speed.
Answer : (b) & (d)
12. Mark the three correct statements for a particle gong on straight line:
(a) If the velocity and acceleration have opposite sign, the object is slowing down.
(b) If the position and velocity have opposite sign, the particle is moving towards the origin.
(c) If the velocity is zero at an instant, the acceleration should also be zero at that instant
(d) If the velocity is zero for a time interval, the acceleration is zero at any instant within the time interval.
Answer : (a), (b) & (d)
13. What does the slope of distance – time graph give?
(b) Uniform speed
(d) both (b) and (c)
Answer. (c) Speed
14. An example of a body moving with constant speed but still accelerating is_________
(a) A body moving with constant speed on a straight road
(b) A body moving in a helical path with constant speed
(c) A body moving with constant speed in a circular path
(d) A body moving with constant speed on a straight railway track
Answer. (c) A body moving with constant speed in a circular path
15.Velocity-time graph of an object is given below. The object has______
(a) Uniform velocity
(b) Uniform speed
(c) Uniform retardation
(d) Variable acceleration
Answer: (c) Uniform retardation
16. The ratio of speed to the magnitude of velocity when the body is moving in one direction is_______
(a) Less than one
(b) Greater than one
(c) Equal to one
(d) Greater than or equal to one
Answer: (c) Equal to one
We hope that our given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 9 Science Chapter 8 Motion with Answers will helpful for your Annual Exam. These Class 9 Motion MCQ Online test are important from the exam point of view. By practicing with these Motion MCQ Class 9 students will get high marks in the objective type questions in the Class 9 Science Annual Exam 2021-22. If you have any queries regarding Motion CBSE Class 9 Science MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a Massage below and we will get back to you soon regarding with your Answer.