Mycoplasma MCQ for NEET with Answers:
Here below we listed MCQ on Mycoplasma with Answers Pdf Gear up for your Exam Preparation with top and good. Multiple Choice Questions on Mycoplasma are also recommended by toppers, making it easier for you to score more in Exams.
Important Points to Remember about Mycoplasma:
- Mycoplasmas are certainly the most serious and widespread of all biological contaminants. This is due to its low detection rate and its destructive effect on mammalian cells.
- They belong to the class of Mollicutes, whose main characteristic is the lack of cell wall and its plasma-like shape. They are much smaller than most bacteria (0.15 to 0.3 µm), so they can grow to very high densities with no visible signs.
- In other words, they are difficult to identify even with a high-powered electron microscope.
- Thus, the small size is the main reason for its leakage through filtration systems used in sterilization. Finally, because the most common antibiotics target bacterial cell walls, mycoplasmas are highly resistant.
- They are highly infectious for all types of eukaryotic cells, including primary cells. These microorganisms have a great limitation to synthesize components for their metabolism.
- Therefore, they need host cell components for their replication and survival. This makes them extremely harmful to any cell culture, as they alter cell functions, such as metabolism and cell growth, triggering cytopathic responses and leading to cell death.
- After adhesion or fusion with the host cell membrane, therefore, they can cause more damage to the cell, interfering with signaling cascades and cytokine production.
MCQ on Mycoplasma for NEET:
1. Mycoplasma is referred as___________
(a) eukaryotic and unicellular organisms
(b) prokaryotic and unicellular organisms
(c) prokaryotic and multicellular organisms
(d) eukaryotic and multicellular organisms
2. Mycoplasma is also known as_______________
(a) Pleuropneumonia-like organisms (PPLO)
(b) Cell Wall-less Organisms
(c) Only B
(d) None of these
3. The inflammatory disease of pelvic is caused due to the_________
(a) Mycoplasma pneumoniae
(b) Mycoplasma hominis
(c) Mycobacterium leprae
4. Mycoplasmas are free-living and small organisms having a size of approximately_______
(a) 0.5 µm
(b) 0.4 µm
(c) 0.3 µm
(d) 0.2 µm
5. Which of the following substance is required for the growth of Mycoplasmas?
6. The “witches broom” of legumes is caused due to the ________
7. Which of the following mycoplasma species causes human sterility_________
(d) all of the above
8. In mycoplasma, the elementary cell body performs the function of_________
9. Which of the following is called “Jockers of the plant kingdom”
(d) None of the above
10. These are osmotically inactive_________
(d) all of these
11. The smallest cells of mycoplasmas are about ___________ in diameter.
(a) 1 micrometer
(b) 0.3 micrometer
(c) 5 micrometer
(d) 1 meter
12. The colonies of Mycoplasmas in agar plate can be observed using a______________
(a) low-power microscope
(b) high-power microscope
(c) phase contrast microscopy
(d) bright-field microscopy
13. What type of colonies are formed by Mycoplasmas on the agar plate?
(c) lawn formation
14. Vancomycin and Penicillin do not affect the mycoplasma as___________
(a) there is no Golgi body
(b) there are no mitochondria
(c) there is no nucleus
(d) there is no cell wall
15. In which of the following Microorganisms’ cell wall is Absent__________
16. The disease Little leaf of brinjal is caused due to the__________
17. The smallest organism capable of autonomous growth and reproduction is_________
(d) none of these
18. Which character applies to Mycoplasma?
(a) They pass through bacteria-proof filter paper.
(b) They are osmotically inactive.
(c) They require sterol for growth.
(d) All of the above.
19. PPLO is also known as_______
(b) Eaton Agents
(d) None of the above
20. Which of The Following Features Mycoplasma Does Not Have?
(b) Lacks cell wall
(c) All are correct
(d) Cannot live without oxygen
21. Which of these Bacteria is Resistant to Penicillin as it Lacks a Cell Wall_____?
22. Cell wall is absent in?
(c) Animal cells
(d) All of the above
23. Which of the following statements about Mycoplasma is not true?
(a) They cause diseases in plants
(b) They are pleomorphic
(c) They are sensitive to penicillin
(d) They are also called PPLO
24. Mycoplasma are organisms that completely lack a cell wall. These are__________
(a) Obligate Aerobe
(b) Facultative Anaerobe
(c) Obligate Anaerobe
(d) Facultative Aerobe
Hope You will like these MCQ on Mycoplasma.