MCQ on Cell Wall with Answers Pdf:
MCQ on Cell Wall is becoming the most common part of today’s competitive examinations. Without basic knowledge of Cell Wall Aspirants lag behind in these examinations. It tests general knowledge on common terms and concept of Cell Wall.
Keeping in view of this, we have added some most frequently asked MCQ questions on Cell Wall in MCQ format for your proper practice. Take this online practice tests / quiz and you will have an idea what kind of questions are expected on Cell Wall in various competitive exam.
All questions are selected in a manner so that it becomes easy to understand the topic. You will find these commonly asked solved questions (with answer) really helpful. Just practice.
Cell Wall MCQ Questions and Answers Pdf:
1. Who discovered cell wall?
a) Karl Rudolphi
c) J Rhodin
d) Van Beneden
2. Which of the following is the structural layer that is surrounded by some types of cell situated outside the cell membrane?
a) Cell wall
b) Cell membrane
Read : MCQ on Mitochondria
3. Identify the Structure of the Plant Cell, which is Non-Living From the Given List.
d) Cell wall
4. Which of the following bacterial organisms lacks cell wall?
a) Mycoplasma pneumoniae
b) Bacillus subtilis
c) Staphylococcus aureus
d) Helicobacter pylori
Read : MCQ on Cytoplasm
5. Cell wall is product of the__________.
(a) – cytoplasm
(b) – endoplasm
(c) – protoplasm
(d) – none of these
6. Which of the following organism lacks cell wall?
a) Plant cells
c) Bacterial cells
Read : MCQ on Cell
7. The bacterial cell wall protects the cell against____________
a) Osmotic Shock
b) Physical damage
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of these
8. Plant cell wall is made up of____________
a) Cellulose, hemicelluloses and pectin
b) Cellulose only
c) Cellulose, hemicelluloses and chitin
d) Cellulose and chitin
9. Which of the statements are incorrect regarding plant cell wall__________
a) Middle lamella is made up of pectin and lignin
b) In certain plants, tertiary cell wall is also present which has xylan beside cellulose
c) Secondary cell wall consists of three concentric layers (S1, S2 and S3) one after the other
d) Primary and secondary walls are present in meristamatic cells
10. The cell wall of diatoms composed of __________
a) Biogenic alumina
b) Biogenic ammonia
c) Biogenic silica
d) Biogenic magnesia
11. Which of the following organelle is involved in cell wall synthesis?
a) Golgi apparatus
12. Which component is present in the cell wall of fungi?
13. In the plant cell wall, middle lamella is made up of. Pectate.
14. Which of the following statements are not true regarding cell wall?
a) Plant cell wall is made up of cellulose
b) Plant cell wall is a non-living structure
c) Cell was semi-permeable
d) Cell wall provides mechanical support to the cell
15. Which of the following antibiotics have their mode of action of inhibition of cell wall synthesis?
a) Nalidixic acid
16. Which of the following cell wall component can effectively defend against lysozyme?
d) Biogenic opal
17. Which of the following groups has cell wall?
a) Bacteria and plants only
b) Bacteria, fungi, plants and animals
c) Bacteria, plant and animals
d) Bacteria, fungi and plants
18. Cell wall of Mycobacterium tuberculosis is composed of?
b) Nitric acid
d) Mycolic acid
19. Peptidoglycan layer is present in large quantity in?
c) Gram-negative bacteria
d) Gram-positive bacteria
20. NAG and NAM of peptidoglycan layer is linked by _________
a) beta- (1,4) glycosidic linkage
b) alpha- (1,4) glycosidic linkage
c) alpha- (1,6) glycosidic linkage
d) beta- (1,6) glycosidic linkage