MCQs questions for class 10 history chapter 1 The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
Here Below we provide a list of The Rise of Nationalism in Europe MCQ outlined by experts who suggest the most important MCQ for various competitive exams. The below MCQ takes you directly to the corresponding topic where the detailed article along with MCQs is provided for a smooth, effortless searching experience. Before going ahead to solved MCQ question for class 10 History chapter 1 The Rise of Nationalism in Europe papers or taking up mock tests, make sure you cover the basic concepts of Class 10 History chapter 1 MCQ and solve some sample questions before appearing in Exam. MCQ on The Rise of Nationalism in Europe with Answers Pdf listed below range from the basic to the most advanced Questions, thereby having you covered. Have a look at the list of MCQ below:
MCQs Questions On Class 10 history chapter 1
1) ‘Nationalism’, which emerged as a force in the late 19th century, means__________
(a) strong devotion for one’s own country and its history and culture.
(b) strong devotion for one’s own country without appreciation for other nations.
(c) strong love for one’s own country and hatred for others.
(d) equally strong devotion for all the countries of the world.
2) Ernst Renan believed that the existence of nations is a necessity because__________
(a) it ensures protection to all inhabitants.
(b) it ensures liberty to all inhabitant citizens.
(c) it ensures Parliamentary form of govern-ment to its inhabitants.
(d) it ensures jobs and good health to all its inhabitants
3) The French revolutionaries declared that the mission and destiny of the French nation was____________
(a) to conquer the people of Europe.
(b) to liberate the people of Europe from despotism.
(c) to strengthen absolute monarchies in all the countries of Europe.
(d) to propagate the ideals of liberty, equality, and fraternity in every part of the world.
4) The Civil Code of 1804 in France is usually known as___________
(a) The French Revolutionary Code
(b) Napoleonic Code
(c) European Imperial Code
(d) The French Civil Code
5) The liberal nationalism stands for______
(a) freedom for the individual and equality before law.
(b) preservation of autocracy and clerical privileges.
(c) freedom for only male members of society and equality before law.
(d) freedom only for senior citizens.
6) Who said ‘When France sneezes, the rest of Europe catches cold’?
(d) Duke Metternich
7) Who played the leading role in the unification of Germany?
(a) German Emperor (formerly King of Prussia) — Kaiser William I.
(b) Otto Von Bismarck (Prussian Chief Minister).
(c) Johann Gottfried Herder — German philosopher.
(d) Austrian Chancellor — Duke Metternich.
8) Who became the King of United Italy in 1861?
(a) Giuseppe Garibaldi
(b) Victor Emmanuel II
(c) Count Cavour
(d) Giuseppe Mazzini
9) Who was responsible for the unification of Germany?
(a) Count Cavour
(d) Giuseppe Mazzini
10) A large part of Balkan region was under the control of__________
(a) Russian empire
(b) Ottoman empire
(c) German empire
(d) Habsburg rulers
11) When the Greek struggle for Independence begins?
12) Which sentence best explains the Utopian Society?
(a) A society where everyone is equal
(b) A society with a comprehensive constitution
(c) An idealist society which can never be achieved
(d) A democratic society
13) Who formed the secret society called ‘Young Italy’.
(c) Johann Gottfried Herder
(d) Otto Von Bismarck
14) Italian Princely house ruled which of the following states before the Unification of Italy.
(d) Kingdom of two Sicilies
15) Before the Revolution in France in 1789, which of the following types of government were functioning there.
(c) Body of French Citizen
16) Choose the correctly matched pair from the following
(a) Giuseppe Garibaldi – Britain
(b) Otto Von Bismarck – Italy
(c) Friedrich Wilhelm IV – Germany
(d) Giuseppe Mazzini – Italy
17) A custom union that was formed in 1834 at the initiative of Prussia and joined by most of the German states was called______________
(d) All of these
18) In 1789, France was a full-fledged territorial state under the rule of which of the following:
(a) A Federal Republic
(b) An Absolute Monarch
(c) A Democratic Ruler
(d) None of these
19) Who among the following was proclaimed as the first German Emperor in 1871?
(a) William I
(b) William II
(c) Friendrich William I
(d) Friedrich William II
20) Which one of the following attributes stands for ‘Willingness to make peace’?
(a) Breastplate with eagle
(b) Olive branch around the sword
(c) Broken chain
(d) All of the above