MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Materials: Metals and Non-Metals with Answers
Here Below we provide a list of Materials: metal and non-metal MCQ outlined by experts who suggest the most important MCQ for various competitive exams. The below MCQ takes you directly to the corresponding topic where the detailed article along with MCQs is provided for a smooth, effortless searching experience. Before going ahead to solved MCQ question for class 8 science chapter 4 papers or taking up mock tests, make sure you cover the basic concepts of Materials: metal and non-metal MCQs and solve some sample questions before appearing in Exam. MCQ on materials: Metal and non- metal with Answers Pdf listed below range from the basic to the most advanced Questions, thereby having you covered. Have a look at the list of MCQ below:
Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Mcq Online Test
1. The most reactive metal is___________
2. Non-metals are_____________
(a) generally gases
(b) generally liquids
(c) generally solids
(d) generally solid and gases
3. Metals are___________
(d) all of these
4. Non-metals are___________
(d) all of these
5. The non-metal which is liquid at room temperature is____________
6. Which substance is used for making pencil lead?
7. Which of the following metals are soft enough to be even cut with a knife?
(d) All of these
8. Which one of the following metals is the most reactive and stored in kerosene?
9. The metal which is not corroded by air, water and acid is____________
10. Which metal reacts readily with cold water?
11. Iron is galvanised by coating it with____________
12. A mineral from which. a metal can be extracted on the commercial scale, economically is called_________
13. Which of the following metals does not react even with steam.?
14. Identify the non-metal which exists in a liquid state in room temperature 25∘C.
15. A reaction in which a more reactive metal replaces a less reactive metal from its salt solution is called a/an ________ reaction.
(c) double displacement
16. Metals, except Al and Zn, react with oxygen to form _______ oxides.
17. When sulphur reacts with oxygen, the oxide formed is ___ in nature.
18. Metals like zinc and aluminium react with sodium hydroxide to produce ____ gas.
(b) hydrogen sulphide
(d) sulphur dioxide
19. Which is Following Statements are Correct One?
(a) Potassium is the most reactive metal as it placed top of the reactivity series.
(b) Gold is the least reactive metals as it placed bottom of the reactivity series.
(c) Sodium Hydroxide non-metal react with base but no hydrogen gas in produced.
(d) All the above.
20. Metals Generally React With Dilute Acids To Produce Hydrogen Gas. Which Of The Following Metals Does Not React With Dilute Hydrochloric Acid_______________
21. Phosphorus is stored in___________
(b) Kept under open air
22. A substance which cannot be broken down further by chemical reactions, by cooling, heating, or by electrolysis, is called ______
23. Which of the following metals catch fire on reaction with air?
24. The property by which metals can be beaten into sheets is known as _______
25. Pick the odd one from the following elements.
26. What is the property that makes metals shine called?