Structure of atom MCQs class 9
Hello Students, how are you all, hope you all will be good, in this Page we have shared with you more than 30 Important MCQ on Structure of atom class 9 with answers which is helpful for various entrance exams preparation. This Structure of atom MCQ Pdf will help you enhance your performance in entrance exams.
Structure of atom MCQ Questions and Answers are provided here with detailed explanation of each question. These Structure of atom MCQs are important from the NEET as well as various type of exam like NTSE, By practicing our MCQ on Structure of atom class 9 pdf students will get acquainted with the key concepts which must be prepared to score high marks in the objective type questions in the any exam.
MCQs Questions For class 9 Chapter 4: Structure of atom
1.Ions containing positive charge is known as_______
(a) Positive charge
(b) Positive ion
2. Which experiment designed by Rutherford?
(a) Atom is looks like watermelon
(b) Moving alpha particles fall on thin magnesium foil
(c) Moving alpha particles fall on thin gold foil
(d) Moving alpha particles fall on thin silver foil
3. Who discovered the electron?
4. What was the source of alpha particles in Rutherford scattering experiment?
(a) Hydrogen nucleus
(b) Argon nucleus
(c) Helium nucleus
(d) None of these
5. Which of the two will be chemically more reactive, Sulphur(S) with atomic number 16 or Chlorine (Cl) with atomic number 17?
(c) Both are equally reactive
(d) Can’t say
6. What would be the radius of the nucleus if 10-8 cm is the radius of the atom
(a) 10-8 cm
(b) 10-13 cm
(c) 10-5 cm
(d) 105 cm
7. Which radioactive element is used in the treatment of cancer?
8. The maximum number of electrons that a valence shell of an atom can possess is _____
9. Rutherford’s ‘alpha (α) particles scattering experiment’ resulted in to discovery of______
(c) Nucleus in the atom
(d) Atomic mass
10. The ion of an element has 3 positive charges. Mass number of the atom is 27 and the number of neutrons is 14. What is the number of electrons in the ion?
Answer : B
11. Elements with valency 1 are_______
(a) always metals
(b) always metalloids
(c) either metals or non-metals
(d) always non-metals
12. How many electrons are present in M-shell of an element with atomic number 20?
13. An alpha particle is also known as_______
(a) subatomic particle
(b) an unionised helium atom
(c) a neutral particle
(d) a doubly-charged helium ion
14. Which of the following isotope is used in the treatment of blood cancer?
(d) any of these
15. Isobars do not differ in the number of______
16. What property of an element determines its chemical behaviour?
(a) Size of an element
(b) Valency of an element
(c) Molar mass of the element
(d) None of these
17. Which of the following elements does not exhibit the electrovalencey?
18. The isotope deuterium of hydrogen has ________
(a) No neutrons and one proton
(b) One neutrons and two protons
(c) One electron and two neutron
(d) One proton and one neutron
19. An alpha particle contains______
(a) 4 positive charge and 2 mass unit
(b) 2 positive charge and 4 mass unit
(c) 2 positive charge and 2 mass unit
(d) 4 positive charge and 4 mass unit
20. In an alpha scattering experiment, few alpha particles rebounded because________
(a) Most of the space in the atom is occupied
(b) Positive charge of the atoms very little space
(c) The mass of the atom is concentrated in the centre
(d) All the positive charge and mass of the atom is concentrated in small volume