Magnetic field of Electric Current class 10 mcqs
Here you will find a list of Most important Multiple Choice Questions on magnetic field of Electric current with answer for competitive exams like CBSE Class 10 science chapter 13 MCQs . These frequently asked sample questions on are given with correct choice of answer that you can check instantly. Presently we have added more than 20 MCQ questions on class 10 science chapter 13 for your practice. We will keep adding more questions and provide this question bank in PDF format, so that you can download them instantly in E-book style.
Mcqs on Magnetic field of Electric Current Class 10 Science
1. Which of the following is not attracted by a magnet?
2.Magnetic effect of current was discovered by__________________
3. Electric motor which converts________________
1. chemical energy into electric energy
2. electric energy into mechanical energy
3. mechanical energy into electric energy
4. electric energy into chemical energy.
Answer: electric energy into mechanical energy.
4. A magnetic field line is used to find the direction of__________
2. A compass needle
3. A bar magnet
4. Magnetic field
Answer : Magnetic field
5. 1 Tesla is equal to_________________
1. 1 Weber/m2
2. 1 Gauss
3. 10-4 Weber/m2
4. 10-4 Gauss.
Answer: 1 Weber/m2
6. The direction of induced current is given by____________
1. Fleming’s right hand rule
2. Fleming’s left hand rule
3. Right hand thumb rule
4. Left hand thumb rule.
Answer: Fleming’s right hand rule
7. Two magnetic field lines________________
1. Intersect at neutral point
2. Never intersect each other
3. Intersect near north-pole or south pole
4. Intersect at the mid point of the magnet
Answer: Never intersect each other
8. What are generally made up of pure tin or an alloy of tin with other metals like copper?
1. Metal wires
2. Fuse wires
Answer: Fuse wires
9. A fuse should always be placed in the____________
1. Live wire of the main circuit
2. Neutral wire of the main circuit
3. Earth wire of the main circuit
4. Bothe live and neutral wire of the main circuit.
Answer: Live wire of the main circuit
10. The strength of magnetic field inside a long current-carrying straight solenoid is _________________
1. More at the ends then at the center
2. Minimum in the middle
3. Same at all points
4. Found to increase from one end to the another
Answer: Same at all points
11. A soft iron bar is inserted inside a current-carrying solenoid. The magnetic field inside the solenoid__________________
1. Will decrease
2. Will increase
3. Will become zero
4. Will remain the same
Answer: Will increase
12. The shape of the magnetic field lines produced by a current carrying conductor are______________
1. Straight lines
2. Concentric circles
3. Concentric ellipse
4. Concentric parabolas
Answer: Concentric circle
13. The strength of magnetic field inside a long current carrying straight solenoid is_________________
1. more at the ends than at the centre
2. minimum in the middle
3. same at all points
4. found to increase from one end to the other
Answer: same at all points
14. Which of the given is not attracted by a magnet?
15. Select the incorrect statement about the magnetic field.
1. Magnetic field lines form a continuous closed curve.
2. Magnetic field line do not interest each other.
3. Direction of tangent at any point on the magnetic field line curve gives the direction of magnetic field at that point.
4. Outside the magnet, magnetic field lines go from South to North pole of the magnet.
Answer: Outside the magnet, magnetic field line emerges from North-pole and moves towards south-pole.
16. The pattern of the magnetic field produced by the straight current carrying conducting wire is________________
1. in the direction opposite to the current
2. in the direction parallel to the wire
3. circular around the wire
4. in the same direction of current
Answer: in the direction opposite to the current
17. Which device used for producing electric current ?
18. The magnetic field inside a long straight solenoid carrying current____________________
1. Is zero
2. Decreases as we move towards its end
3. Increases as we move towards its end
4. Is the same at all points
Answer: Is the same at all points
19. In the potential difference between live wire and neutral wire is__________________
1. 240 V
2. 250 V
3. 280 V
4. 220 V.
Answer: 220 V
20.The force on a current-carrying conductor when placed perpendicular in a uniform magnetic field.