Google Earth Day Quiz: Earth has given us a wonderful life. Our mother earth provides us with everything, be it clean air or water, food, or a beautiful environment. That’s why every year on 22 April we celebrate Earth Day, which provides us an opportunity to draw attention towards the protection of natural resources and environmental protection.
Earth Day holds special significance for humanity. It is a public campaign organized to raise environmental awareness. On this day, people become aware of understanding the importance of earth’s natural resources, controlling their use, and preserving the environment.
On the occasion of Earth Day, various activities and events are organized. Essays, presentations, and quizzes on environmental protection are organized in schools and colleges. Students are encouraged to plant trees, provide awareness about pollution-free living and consider environmental protection measures. Various exhibitions of land conservation and water conservation are also organized which people get knowledge by watching.
What is Earth Day? Why Earth Day is important?
- In the boundless universe, the earth is the only home for human beings to live among the countless planets.
- The 63rd United Nations General Assembly resolution in 2009 designated April 22 as “Earth Day” every year.
- The purpose of the activity is to arouse people’s awareness of caring for the earth and protecting their homeland, promoting the coordinated development of resource development and environmental protection, and then improving the overall environment of the planet.
- The earth is the mother of human beings and the homeland on which we live.
- With the improvement of living standards, while human beings are enjoying, they are destroying her unknowingly, and our living environment is constantly deteriorating.
- Environmental pollution has increasingly become one of the common topics in all countries in the world.
- The top ten environmental problems in the world are 1. Climate warming 2. Destruction of the ozone layer 3. Biodiversity reduction 4. The spread of acid rain 5. Sharp loss of forests 6. Land desertification 7. Air pollution 8. Water pollution 9. Marine pollution 10. Solid waste pollution.
- The severe consequences of environmental pollution have attracted people’s attention, and people have begun to take various control and governance measures against environmental pollution while they are committed to economic development.
Earth Day Facts:
- Earth Day is Celebrated on the 22nd of April every year.
- The first Earth Day was celebrated 50 years ago in 1970.
- Earth Day first started in the USA.
- Senator Nelson invented Earth Day. That’s why Gaylord Nelson is called the father of Earth Day.
- Over 190 countries take part in Earth Day.
- Earth Day is also known as International Mother Earth Day.
- Earth Day teaches us how we can protect the environment, Climate change, Ozone depletion, Pollution, etc.
- In the 2023 google earth day quiz question is Which animal are you?
Google Earth Day Quiz
1. April 22 every year is celebrated as______
a) Earth Day
b) World Environment Day
c) World Health Day
d) world animal day
2. Earth Day was first celebrated in which year?
3. What is the theme of Earth Day 2023?
a) Earth, your friend.
b) Earth is in need.
c) Invest in our Planet
d) Nature calls for support
4. The Earth Day symbol is often represented by a:
a) Green leaf
b) Blue globe
c) Yellow sun
d) Red heart
5. What is the theme of Earth Day 2022?
a) Invest in our Planet
b) To preserve and protect our Planet
c) Everyone accountable for Planet Earth
d) Restore our Earth
6. Who is called the father of Earth Day?
a) Gaylord Nelson
b) Vandana Shiva
c) Wangari Maathai
d) Mark Boyle
7. What time of year are Earth Day events held?
b) In summer
d) in winter
8. In which country was the first action dedicated to Earth Day held?
9. If there is no “greenhouse gas” in the atmosphere, the earth’s surface temperature will drop to -23`C, but if the amount of greenhouse gas increases too much and too fast, it will cause___________
a) global warming
b) a drop in sea level
c) Plants grow slowly
d) Radio communication is interrupted
10. “Earth Day” originated from_____________
b) the United States
11. The earth seen by astronauts in space is mainly in______ color.
12. Most of the water on the earth is distributed in_______
c) the river
13. Who founded Earth Day?
a) Gaylord Nelson
b) John F. Kennedy
c) Al Gore
d) Rachel Carson
14. Earth Day is celebrated to promote:
a) Environmental awareness and protection
b) Cultural diversity
c) World peace
d) Health and wellness
15. Earth Day is now celebrated in how many countries worldwide?
a) Over 100
b) Over 50
c) Over 200
d) Over 150
16. Which international organization is heavily involved in promoting Earth Day?
a) United Nations (UN)
b) World Health Organization (WHO)
c) World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
17. What is the main objective of Earth Day celebrations?
a) Encourage sustainable living practices
b) Raise funds for environmental causes
c) Advocate for renewable energy
d) All of the above
18. Among the following natural resources, which are non-renewable natural resources________
c) the forest
19. When will the world population reach 6 billion __________
a) May 2000
b) January 2020
c) December 1998
d) October 12, 1999
20. Earth Day is an……event.
A. Annual Event
B. Two-Year event
C. Three-year event
D. Four-year event
21. What are some good Earth Day Questions?
A. How are we affecting the future of our planet?
B. What can we do about the challenges facing our planet?
C. How can we create momentum for addressing long-term challenges to life on Earth?
D. All of these
22. When is World Environment Day every year?
A. May 6
B. March 21
C. December 1
D. June 5
23. What was the slogan of the Human Environment Conference convened by the United Nations in 1972?
A. Save the earth
B. Please take care of our human home, the earth
C. There is only one earth
D. Save trees
24. What does not belong to the cause of water pollution is________
A. Industrial wastewater
B. Domestic sewage
C. Travel and water transportation
D. Atmospheric precipitation
25. The main reason for the loss and destruction of land resources is________
A. Indiscriminate deforestation and reclamation of grasslands have resulted in serious soil erosion and expansion of deserts
B. Natural causes
C. Climatic causes
D. Humanity is making regulations to take effective measures to protect it
26. Among the following questions, which is not one of the three major problems in the world today is________
A. War issues
B. Resource issues
C. Environmental issues
D. Population issues
Frequently Asked Questions on Google Earth Day Quiz
Q: When is Earth Day celebrated?
Answer: Earth Day is celebrated annually on the 22nd of April.
Q: Why is Earth Day celebrated?
Answer: Earth Day is celebrated to promote awareness about the importance of our planet and different measures to protect it.
Q: Why is Earth Day celebrated on 22 April?
Answer: US Senator Gaylord Nelson started celebrating this day for environmental protection.
Q: When did Earth Day start?
Answer: In the year 1970
Q: What is the theme of Earth Day 2022?
Answer: Our earth, our health
Q: Who announced Earth Day?
Answer: US Senator Gaylord Nelson
Earth Day allows us to develop a more profound sensitivity toward our environment. We should actively work to protect the natural resources of the earth instead of our selfishness. We need to be responsible with our consumption and try to love nature. In this way, by keeping our earth safe, we can provide an opportunity for the upcoming generations to live a happy and healthy life.
Let us all pledge to protect the environment, establish a harmonious relationship with nature, and be dedicated travelers to the earth every day. Together we can create a greener earth and enjoy our infinite world by preserving beauty, nature, and balance.
Feel free to use these questions for quizzes, educational purposes, or to test your knowledge about Google Earth Day Quiz.