MCQ on Parthenocarpy with Answers:
The phenomenon in which the ovary does not undergo fertilization to form fruit without seeds is called parthenocarpy. Parthenocarpy can be divided into two types: natural parthenocarpy and artificial parthenocarpy. There are many reasons for parthenogenesis, such as low temperature, hormones, etc., which can lead to parthenogenesis. Parthenogenesis: egg cells develop directly into embryos without fertilization, which is called parthenogenesis, which is a type of apomixis; parthenogenesis: refers to unfertilized fruiting, part of angiosperms, pistils do not require fertilization, ovary It can also develop into a fruit, it often does not contain seeds, this phenomenon is called parthenocarpy.
Parthenocarpy MCQ Questions and Answers Pdf:
1. The process by which seedless fruits are produced are known as________
2. Parthenocarpy refers to :
A. Seedless fruits
B. Fruit without pollination
C. Seeds without pollination
D. None of above
3. Which of the following is a Parthenocarpic fruit?
4. Parthenocarpic cucumber develops due to:
A. After pollination
B. Without pollination
C. None of above
D. Both A & B
5. Which of the following plant hormones stimulates the development of parthenocarpic fruit?
D. All of the above
6. Which of the following statement is false about parthenocarpy?
A. Fruits developed are seedless
B. The Ovary is stimulated with pollination
C. The process is used as it yields high quality and consistency
D. None of the above