We here completed all NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 2 if you required NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 2 PDF Download options is also given here this NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 2 will help you for board exam preparation as well as another compititive entrance examination . NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English chapter 2, YB Study NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 2 It covers extra questions of English Class 6 Chapter 2 Important Questions
NCERT English Class 6 NCERT solutions
Class 6 English Chapter 2 – How The Dog Found Himself A new master
Working with text
Q. A: Discuss these questions in pairs before you write the answers.
1. Why did the dog feel the need for a master? (1, 2)
The dog felt the need for a master because he was tired of wandering about alone, looking for food and getting frightened by those who were stronger than him. Therefore, he decided to serve someone who was the strongest on earth
2. Who did he first choose as his master? Why did he leave that master?(3)
He chose a big wolf as his master. One day, the dog saw that the wolf was afraid of the bear. Since the dog wanted to serve only the strongest, he left the wolf and asked the bear to be his master
3. Who did he choose next? (3)
He chose the bear to be his next master
4. Why did he serve the Lion for a long time? (4)
He served the lion for a long time because there was no one more powerful and stronger than the lion in the forest. The lion was not afraid of any creature and thus, the dog was well protected by it. Therefore, the dog lived happily by serving the lion for a long time
5. Who did he finally choose as his master and why? (9, 10)
He finally chose man as his master. One day, the dog realised that the lion was afraid of man. As he wanted to serve someone who was the most powerful, he chose man as his master.
Q. B: A summary of the story is given below. Fill in the blanks to complete it taking appropriate phrases from the box.
stronger than anyone else
the strongest of all
afraid of man
his own master
This is the story of _________________, who used to be ______________. He decided to find a master _________________. First he found _______________, but the wolf was
afraid of ___________________. The dog thought that the bear was ________________.
After some time the dog met __________________, who seemed the strongest. He stayed with the lion for a long time. One day he realised that the lion was
_________________________ . To this day, the dog remains man’s best friend.
This is the story of a dog, who used to be his own master. He decided to find a master stronger than anyone else. First he found a wolf, but the wolf was afraid of the bear. The dog thought that the bear was the strongest of all. After some time the dog met a lion, who seemed the strongest. He stayed with the lion for a long time. One day he realized that the lion was afraid of man. To this day, the dog remains man’s best friend.
Working with language
Q. A: Each word in the box given below indicates a large number of…
For example, ‘a herd of cows’ refers to many cows.
Complete each of the following phrases with a suitable word from the box.
1. a _____ of ship. 5.a________ of sticks
2. a ____ of flowers 6.a ______ of sheep.
3. a ____ of chicks. 7.a _____ of fish.
4. a ______ of cattle. 8. a __of wolves
1. a fleet of ships 5. a bundle of sticks
2.a bunch of flowers 6.a herd of sheep
3. a brood of chicks. 7.a school of fish
4. a team of cattle. 8.a pack of wolves
Q. B: Make nouns from the words given below by adding −ness or − ity. (For some words we need to add just −ty, or −y.)
1. honest ______ 7.creative ______
2. kind _______ 8. sincere ______
3. cruel ______ 9.cheerful _______
4. calm ______ 10. bitter ________
5. sad _______ 11.sensitive_____
6. active ______ 12. great _____
1. Honest Honesty 7.Creative Creativity
2. Kind Kindness 8.Sincere Sincerity
3.Cruel Cruelty 9.Cheerful Cheerfulness
4.Calm Calmness 10. Bitter Bitterness
5. Sad Sadness. 11.Sensitive Sensitivity
6. Active Activity. 12.Great Greatnes
• There are twelve words hidden in this table.
• Six can be found horizontally and the remaining six vertically.
• All of them are describing words like ‘good’, ‘happy’, etc.
• The first letters of the words are given below:
Horizontal: H R F F S G
Vertical: A W S F L Q
(i) The dingo is the wild dog of Australia, which looks and behaves like a domestic dog.
(ii) Dogs were the first animals tamed by humans. The other animals tamed by humans are wolf, fox, and coyote.
(iii) The New World refers to the non-Eurasian/ non-African parts of the earth, specifically the Americas and Australasia. Dogs were brought there from Asia