MCQ on Dental Caries with Answers :
Dental MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) are provided here with answers. Based on the latest curriculum and as per the syllabus, these MCQs are prepared. Practising these objective questions will guide students to have a quick revision for all the topics present in each topic and prepare themselves for Dental exam.
Dental caries MCQ are provided here online for Dentistry students. These multiple-choice questions consist of all the important concepts explained in the specific manner, so that students can examine their level of preparation for exams.
These study materials will not only assist students to score good marks in the exam but also perform extraordinarily in competitive examinations. Therefore, it is advised to students to practise all these dental MCQ online Solved MCQ Question and answers with their own problem-solving techniques and cross-check with the given answers.
Dental MCQ Questions with Answers Pdf :
1. Which of the following is cariogenic / caries promoting?
2. Cracked tooth syndrome is characterized by__________
a) Sharp pain following application of cold
b) Sharp pain following application of heat
c) Severe pain while eating
d) All of the above mentioned
3. When teeth are embedded in the jaw bone, it is called___________
d) all of the above
4. An adult human being has a total of 32 permanent teeth, which are of four types. They are called_________
5. The arrangement of teeth in the upper and lower half of the jaws is represented by_______
d) dental formula
6. Dr GV Black, father of operative dentistry had following qualification__________
a) No professional qualification
b) Only honorary dental qualification
c) Only honorary medical qualification
d) Both honorary dental and honorary medical qualification
7. A deficiency of which vitamin has been associated with enamel defects and increased risk of dental caries?
a) Vitamin A
b) Folic acid
c) Vitamin C
d) Vitamin D
Answer : D
8. Widely accepted theory of dental caries________
a) Proteolytic theory
b) Proteolytic chelation theory
c) Acidogenic theory
d) Autoimmune theory
9. From the list of oral microorganisms, which is primarily responsible for the initiation of dental caries?
a) Mutans streptococci
d) P. gingivalis
Answer : A
10. In groove and post design of an anterior porcelain inlay the groove is placed on___________
a) Axial wall
b) Gingival wall
c) Incisal edge
d) Gingivo-axial line angle
11. Arrested carious lesion is__________
a) Discolored and remineralized area
b) Intact and more resistant to caries attack than adjacent unaffected enamel
c) Not restored unless esthetically required
d) All of the above
12. Early invading bacteria in carious lesions are called__________
b) Pioneer bacteria
c) Advancing bacteria
d) Anaerobic bacteria
13. The most gentle method of sterilization used for hand pieces is___________
b) Dry heat
c) Ethylene oxide gas
d) None of the above
14. Which of the following types of teeth are absent in the primary dentition of a human being?
15. Which part of the tooth contains the blood vessels and keep the tooth alive and healthy ?
16. Acrylic resins are used for______________
a) Anterior restorations
b) Temporary bridges
c) Denture base
d) All of the above
17. To prevent porosity in self-cure acrylic resin, curing should be carried in______________
a) Cold water
b) Hot water
c) Under tap water
d) Under vacuum pressure
18. Degassing of gold foil is accomplished by____________
a) Heating on mica tray over flame
b) An electric annealer
c) Heating over pure ethanol flame
d) All of the above
19. Enamel etched by a tooth conditioner but not covered with a fissure sealant will__________
a) Remineralize within a month
b) Remineralize within 3 months
c) Absorb stain and discolor the tooth
d) Leave the tooth more susceptible to caries attack
20. Which of the following is correct________________
a) Type I and Type II gold can be heat treated and annealed
b) Type III and Type IV gold can be heat treated and annealed
c) Type I and IV gold can be heat treated and annealed
d) All the type of gold can be heat treated and annealed
21. Which of the following is common to both zinc eugenol cement and polycarboxylate cement?
a) Polyacrylic acid is liquid
b) Chemical bond to tooth structure
d) Substitution o eugenol by EBA to increase strength of cement
22. The addition of which of the following can accelerate the setting time of zinc oxide cement_____________
a) Zinc acetate
b) Barium sulphate
c) Zinc sulphate
d) Barium chloride
23. Which of the following is present in the powder of the acrylic resin______________
a) Methyl methacrylate
b) Benzoyl peroxide
d) D-methyl paratolouidine
24. The mucosa of the hard palate is_________
a) keratinised and has submucosa and minor salivary glands posterolaterally.
b) non-keratinised and has submucosa and minor salivary glands posteromedially.
c) keratinised and lacks submucosa and minor salivary glands.
d) non-keratinised and lacks submucosa and minor salivary glands.
25. A successful infraorbital nerve block will produce anaesthesia of the___________
a) maxillary anterior teeth.
b) maxillary anterior teeth and their labial gingivae.
c) maxillary anterior teeth, their labial gingivae and the upper lip.
d) maxillary anterior teeth, their labial gingivae, the upper lip and anterior hard palate.
26. In a patient with a normal healthy mouth, you would expect the mucosa covering the alveolar process supporting the mandibular teeth to be____________
a) light pink in colour on both sides of the mucogingigival junction.
b) light pink below the mucogingival junction and red above it.
c) red below the mucogingival junction and light pink above it.
d) red on both sides of the mucogingival junction.