MCQ on Structure Of Atom For NEET
Here in this article We are providing you the MCQ on Structure Of Atom questions and Answers with Pdf asked in all the board and compititive entrance examinations such as NEET. Here first 25 MCQs are asked in NEET. We brings here Structure Of Atom NEET MCQ Questions and Answers. which is very important in NEET point of view. Multiple Choice Questions on Structure Of Atom for NEET Aspirants are available for free, you can test your knowledge anytime and share the links with your friends to help them check their knowledge.
It will be very helpful for those students who are willing to get good Score in their NEET exam. Practice below MCQ questions with Pdf Download. All these questions are provided with answers and their detailed explanation. Check out the MCQs provided below to get an idea of the type of questions to be asked in NEET exam.
MCQ on Structure Of Atom For NEET
1. The electrons present in the outermost shell are called__________
A. Valency electrons
C. Duplet electrons
D. Valence electrons
2. An alpha particle contains______
A. 4 positive charge and 2 mass unit
B. 2 positive charge and 4 mass unit
C. 2 positive charge and 2 mass unit
D. 4 positive charge and 4 mass unit
3. The atomic number of sodium is 11 and its mass number is 23. It has_________
A. 11 neutrons and 12 protons
B. 12 protons and 11 electrons
C. 11 electrons and 12 neutrons
D.12 electrons and 11 neutrons
4. Atoms with same mass number but different atomic numbers are called_______
D. None of these
5. In which of the following Bohr’s stationary state, the electron will be at maximum distance from the nucleus ?
6. Which of the following statements do not form a part of Bohr’s model of hydrogen atom ?
A.Energy of the electrons in the orbits are quantized
B. The electron in the orbit nearest the nucleus has the lowest energy
C. Electrons revolve in different orbits around the nucleus
D. The position and velocity of the electrons in the orbit cannot be determined simultaneously.
7. The magnetic quantum number specifies__________
A. Size of orbitals
B. Shape of orbitals
C. Orientation of orbitals
D. Nuclear Stability
8. Which of the following element has least number of electrons in its M-shell?
9. The electrons of the same orbitals can be distinguished by_______
A. Principal quantum number
B. Azimuthal quantum number
C. Spin quantum number
D. Magnetic quantum number
10. What will be the sum of all possible values of l and m for n = 5 ?
11. How many unpaired electron present are in Ni2+ cation . Atomic number =28
12. Which type of radiation is not emitted by electronic structure of atom.
A. Visible light
C. y ray
D. Uv ray
13.The line spectrum ot two elements is not identical because _______
A. they do not have same number of neutrons
B. they have dissimilar mass number
C. they have different energy level schemes
D. they have different number of valence electrons.
14. Bohr’s atomic model can explain the spectrum of_______
A. hydrogen atoms only
B. atoms or ions which are uni electron
C. atoms or ions which have only two electrons
D. hydrogen molecule.
15.The ratio of the ionisation energy of H and Be3+ is________
A. 1: 1
C. 1 : 9
D. 1: 16.
16. The maximum number of electrons in a subshell for which 3 is______
17. The energy of second Bohr orbit of the hydrogen atom is –328 kJ mol–1, hence the energy of fourth Bohr orbit would be__________
A. –41 kJ mol–1
B. –1312 kJ mol–1
C. –164 kJ mol–1
D.–82 kJ mol–1
18. Which of the following statements in relation to the hydrogen atom is correct?
A. 3s-orbital is lower in energy than 3p-orbital
B. 3p-orbital is lower in energy than 3d-orbital
C. 3s and 3p orbitals arc of lower energy than 3d orbital
D. 3s, 3p and 3d orbitals all have the same energy
19.The highest number of unpaired electrons are w present in______
20. Rutherford’s atomic model suggests the existence________
21. Which is not true with respect to cathode rays?
A. A stream of electrons B. Charged particles
C. Move with speed as that of light
D. Can be deflected by magnetic field
22. The electronic configuration for oxygen is written as 1s2 2s2 2p4. Which rule will this configuration be violating?
A. Aufbau’s principle.
C.Pauli’s exclusion principle.
D. None of the above
23. Consider the ground state of Cr atom (Z = 24). The numbers of electrons with the azimuthal quantum numbers, l = 1 and 2 are, respectively:
A. 12 and 4
B. 12 and 5
C. 16 and 4
D. 16 and 5
24. The Heisenberg Principle states that _____________
A. no two electrons in the same atom can have the same set of four quantum numbers.
B. two atoms of the same element must have the same number of protons.
C. it is impossible to determine accurately both the position and momentum of an electron simultaneously.
D. electrons of atoms in their ground states enter energetically equivalent sets of orbitals singly before they pair up in any orbital of the set.
25.In the ground state of a cobalt atom there are _____ unpaired electrons and the atom is _____
A. 3, paramagnetic
B. 5, paramagnetic
C. 2, diamagnetic
D. 0, diamagnetic