MCQs Questions For Class 7 Science Chapter 1
All living organisms require energy for their life processes. Plants prepare their food and acquire nutrients from abiotic components like soil, air, water and sunlight. On the other hand, animals need to get food from either plants or other animals to obtain nutrients. animals need to take food to acquire nutrients and energy. In the presence of sun, green plants prepare their own food using chlorophyll, carbon dioxide, and water absorbed from the environment is called Photosynthesis. For food synthesis, plants use simple chemical ingredients such as carbon dioxide, water, and minerals.
Class 7 Science Chapter 1 MCQs
1) The food making process in plants is called as________________
2) What is the ultimate source of energy for all living organisms?
(a) Water energy
(b) Wind energy
(c) Solar energy
(d) Chemical energy
3. Green pigment present in the leaves is called_______________
4. The raw materials for photosynthesis are_____________
(b) CO2, O2, H2
(c) N2 water
(d) O2 water
5. Which one of the following is a parasite?
(c) Pitcher plant
6. Which one of the following is a pair of symbiotic organisms?
(b) Rhizobium and a legume
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
7. Human beings can be categorised as___________
8. Which of the following is an insectivorous plant?
(a) Pitcher plant
9. The organisms which prepare their own food are known as_______________
(d) none of these
10. Photosynthesis will not occur in leaves in the absence of_____________
(a) guard cells
(d) space between cells
11. Which one of the following is an autotroph?
12. Numerous small openings observed under the lower surface of a leaf through a magnifying lens are__________
13. Plants take in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere generally through__________
14. Guard cell in dicots are___________
15. Most of the plants are___________
16. Which material is not required for photosynthesis?
(b) Carbon dioxide
17. The substance synthesised during photosynthesis is____________
18. Pitcher plant is an example of__________
(d) partial heterotroph
19. Chlorophyll is found in oval-shaped structures called as____________
20. What is the role of the bacteria in leguminous plants?
(a) Convert oxides of nitrogen into soil nitrates.
(b) Convert atmospheric nitrogen gas into soil nitrates.
(c) Convert soil nitrates into gaseous nitrogen.
(d) Convert plant proteins into ammonia.
21. Algae and fungi live together in_________
22. The byproduct of photosynthesis is____________
(d) Organic compounds
23. The bacterium which provides nitrogen to the leguminous plants is___________
24. Which one is saprophytic organism?
25. In non-green plants and animals mode of nutrition is_____________
26. Which one is a total parasite?
27. Which of the following is a nutrient?
(d) All of these
28. Plants take carbon dioxide from the atmosphere mainly through their_______
29. Pitcher Plant Traps Insect Because It_____________
(a) is a heterotroph.
(b) grows in soils which lack in nitrogen.
(c) does not have chlorophyll.
(d) has a digestive system like human beings.
Answer: ( b)
30. Tiny pores present on the surface of leaves through which gaseous exchange occurs are called_______________
(b) guard cells
(c) food holes
(d) gas holes