MCQs Questions For class 12 physics Chapter 2 : Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Here we prepared a comprehensive Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance MCQ for NEET Pdf form. These MCQ question on Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance Class 12 chapter 2 for NEET are based on questions asked in different medical entrance exam like AIIMS, JIPMER, and NEET and other state level medical entrance exam. All Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance MCQs NEET Questions and Answers in the given below are prepared from previous year papers of all most all entrance exam. We have prepared Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance MCQs NEET previous year Questions separately. Take a Look Below:
MCQs On Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance Class 12
1. Work done in carrying an electron from A to B on an equipotential surface of one volt potential is________
(a) 1 ev
(b) 10 eV
(c) 1 volt
2. A parallel plate air capacitor is charged to a potential difference of V volts. After disconnecting the charging battery the distance between the plates of the capacitor is increased using an insulating handle. As a result the potential difference between the plates ________
(b) does not change
(c) becomes zero
3. A charge of 10μC lies at the centre of a square. Work done in carrying a charge of 2μC from one corner of square to the diagonally opposite corner is__________
4. When a conductor is held in an electric field, the field inside the conductor is always_________
5. When a number of capacitors are connected in series between two points, all the capacitors possess same________
(d) none of the above
6. The voltage drop across a capacitor connected with a resistance and a battery of 60 V in series, after a long time is ______
(a) 0 V
(b) 60 V
(c) 30 V
(d) 38 V
7. A 400 pF capacitor is charged with a 100 V battery. After disconnecting the battery this capacitor is connected with another 400 pF capacitor. Then the energy loss is_______
(a) 1 × 10–⁶J
(b) 2 × 10–⁶J
(c) 3 × 10–⁶ J
(d) 4 × 10–⁶ J
8. A capacitor is charged by a battery. The battery is removed and another identical uncharged capacitor is connected in parallel. The total electrostatic energy of resulting system _______
(a) Decreases by a factor of 2
(b) Remains the same
(c) Increases by a factor of 2
(d) Increases by a factor of 4
9. Two charged parallel plate capacitors, each with separation between plates equal to d, are separated by a large distance L >> d. Then the force of interaction between them is proportional to_______
10. R = 100 kW and C = 1mF are connected in a series with a 12 volt battery. What is the maximum energy stored in the capacitor.
(a) 72 mJ
(b) 6 mJ
(c) 24 mJ
(d) 18 mJ
11.The electric potential of 5 V is on the surface of hollow metal sphere of radius 3 cm. What will be electric potential at the centre of sphere ?
(a) 0 V
(b) 3 V
(c) 5 V
(d) 10 V
12. An air capacitor of capacity C = 10 mF is connected to a constant voltage battery of 12 V. Now the space between the plates is filled with a liquid of dielectric constant 5. The additional charge that flows now, from the battery to the capacitor is_________
(a) 120 mC
(b) 600 mC
(c) 480 mC
(d) 24 mC
13. Minimum number of 8 mF and 250 V capacitors required to make a combination of 16 mF and 1000V are _____
14. The distance between electric charges QC and 9 QC is 4 m. What is the electric potential at a point on the line joining them where the electric field is zero ?
(a) 4 kQ V
(b) 10 kQ V
(c) 2 kQ V
(d) 2.5 kQ V
15. Which one of the following is not a unit of electric potential ?
16. 100 joule of work is performed in carrying a charge of ‒5 coulomb from infinity to a particular point in an uniform electrostatic field. The potential of this point is_________
(a) 100 V
(b) 5 V
(d) 20 V
17. Three different capacitors are connected in series. Then______
(a) They will have equal charges
(b) They will have same potential
(c) Both 1 & 2
(d) None of these
18. Two capacitors, 3 µF and 4 µF, are individually charged across a 6 V battery. After being disconnected from the battery, they are connected together with the negative plate of one connected to the positive plate of the other . What is the final total energy stored ?
(a) 1.26 × 10–4 J
(b) 2.57 × 10–4 J
(c) 1.26 × 10–6 J
(d) 2.57 × 10–6 J
19. An uncharged capacitor having capacitance C is connected across a battery of emf V. Now the capacitor is disconnected and then reconnected across the same battery but with reversed polarity.Then which of the statements is incorrect ?
(a) After reconnecting, charge delivered by the battery is 2CV.
(b) After reconnecting, no energy is supplied by battery.
(c) After reconnecting, whole of the energy supplied by the battery is converted into heat.
(d) After reconnecting, thermal energy produced in the circuit will be equal to 2CV²
20. The dimensions of fall of potential per unit distance are given by_________
(a) [MLT-³ A-¹]
21. In which of the following forms is the energy stored in a capacitor?
(d) Electric field
22. Choose the SI unit of electric potential energy :
(c) Newton per coulomb
23. An air capacitor, a capacitor with a dielectric and a capacitor with a conducting slab (thickness one half the separation between the plates of parallel plate air capacitor are introduced in both cases) has capacity C1, C2 and C3 respectively then________
(a) C1 > C2 > C3
(b) C2 > C3 > C1
(c) C3 > C2 > C1
(d) C3 > C1 > C2
24. The value of a capacitor formed by thin metallic foil is 2 mF. The foil is attached to both sides of a paper having a thickness of 0.015 mm. The dielectric constant of the paper is 2.5 and its breadth is 40 mm. The length of the foil used is_________
(a) 0.34 m
(b) 1.33 m
(c) 13.4 mm
(d) 33.9 m.
25. The electrostatic force between the metal plates of an isolated parallel plate capacitor C having a charge Q and area A, is ________
(a) independent of the distance between the plates.
(b) linearly proportional to the distance between the plates
(c) proportional to the square root of the distance between the plates.
(d) inversely proportional to the distance between the plates.