Multiple Choice Questions on Heterozygous genes:
1. The exact meaning of heterozygote is________
A. The offspring produced by the hybridization of different species
B. The offspring produced by crossbreeding of individuals
C. An individual that develops from a zygote formed by the union of gametes containing the same genetic factors
D. An individual that develops from a zygote that combines gametes with different genetic factors
2. What are the heterozygous genotypes?
A. The presence of two different alleles at a particular gene locus.
B. A heterozygous genotype may include one normal allele and one mutated allele or two different mutated alleles (compound heterozygote).
D. None of these
3. Which of the genotypes of the following organisms, which is not a heterozygous______
4. Which of the following statements is correct_______
A. The progeny of homozygous testcrosses are all homozygous
B. Homozygous selfed progeny are all homozygous
C. Heterozygote selfed progeny are all heterozygotes
D. Heterozygous testcross progeny are all heterozygotes
5. Which of the following statements about homozygotes and heterozygotes is correct?
A. The self-bred progeny of a homozygote are still homozygous
B. Selfed progeny of heterozygotes are still heterozygotes
C. A homozygote does not contain a recessive gene
D. The offspring of a homozygous cross must be homozygous