MCQs On Metallurgy Class 12
Hello Students, how are you all hope you all will be good, in this Page we have shared with you more than 20 Important MCQ on metallurgy class 12 with answers which is helpful for various entrance exams preparation. This Metallurgy class 12 Mcq pdf will help you enhance your performance in entrance exams like NEET and JEE. mcq on Metallurgy in chemistry is important chapter for Class 10, 11 and class 12 Students.
Multiple choice questions on metallurgy class 12
1. Which ore can be best concentrated by froth floatation process?
2. Bessemer converter is used in the manufacture of______________
(a) Pig iron
(c) Wrought iron
(d) Cast iron
3. Purest form of iron is_________
A) Cast iron
B) Hard Steel
C) Stainless steel
D) Wrought iron
4. Ore of aluminium is_____________
D) None of these
5. For which of the following ores froth floatation method is used for concentration?
B) Zinc blende
6. Which of the following metals is not extracted by leaching?
7. The method of zone refining of metals is based upon the principle of___________
A)greater solubility of the impurity in molten state than in solid
B)greater mobility of pure metal than impurity
C) higher melting point of impurity than that of pure metal.
D)greater noble character of solid metal than that of the impurity
8. Cassiterite is the ore of which metal?
9. During the process of electrolytic refining of copper, some metals present as impurity settle as ‘anode mud’. These are_______
A) Pb and Zn
B) Sn and Ag
C) Fe and Ni
D) Ag and Au
10. Extraction of zinc from zinc blende is achieved by__________
A) electrolytic reduction
B) roasting followed by reduction with carbon
C) roasting followed by reduction with another metal
D) roasting followed by self-reduction
11. An alloy which does not contain copper is_________
D) Bell metal
12. Cinnabar is the ore of____________
13. High purity copper metal is obtained by_________
A) Carbon reduction
B) Hydrogen reduction
C) Electrolytic reduction
D) Thermite reduction
14. Pyrolusite is a/an__________
A) Oxide ore
B) Sulphide ore
C) Carbide ore
D) not an ore.
15. Which of the following metals is most abundant in the earth’s crust?
16. Which of the following benefication process is used for the mineral Al2O3.2H2O?
A) Froth Floatation
D) Magnetic separation
17. The Mond’s process of refining is used for which of the following metals?
18. The correct statement is__________ A) cassiterite is an ore of tin
B) pyrolusite is the ore of iron
C) dolomite is the ore of zinc
D) galena is the ore of mercury
Answer : A
19. Which of the following are the correct matching of metals with the most commonly employed ores for their extraction?
A) Fe: Chalcocite: Al: Bauxite
B) Fe: Siderite; Al: Clay
C)Fe: Haematite; Al: corundum
D) Fe: Haematite; Al: Bauxite
Answer : D
20. Which one of the furmaces among the following can produce the highest temperature?
A) muffle furnace
B) blast furnace
C) reverberatory fumace
D) electric furnace
Answer : D