Control and coordination class 10 MCQ
Here below we listed control and coordination class 10 MCQ with Answers Pdf Gear up for your Exam Preparation with top and good MCQ on control and coordination pdf that is also recommended by toppers, making it easier for you to score more in Exam.
MCQ on control and coordination class 10 science
1. Which parts of the brain control the blood pressure?
(a) the spinal cord, skull, hypothalamus
(b) cord, skull, cerebrum
(c) Pons, medulla, cerebellum
(d) pons, medulla, pituitary
2. The growth of tendrils in pea plants is due to the_________
(a) Effect of sunlight on the tendril cells facing the sun
(b) Effect of gravity on the part of tendril hanging down towards the earth
(c) Rapid cell division and elongation in tendril cells that are away from the support
(d) Rapid cell division and elongation in tendril cells in contact with the support
3. Impulse flows from ___
(a) dendrite to axon in the same neuron
(b) axon to dendrite
(c) nodes of ranvier to axon
4. The plant hormone which triggers the fall of mature leaves and fruits from the plant body is_________
(c) Abscisic acid
5. The shape of guard cells changes due to changes in ___
(a) Protein composition of cells
(b) temperature of cells
(c) amount of water in cells
(d) position of the nucleus in cells
6. The stimulus in the process of thigmotropism is________
7. The number of pairs of nerves that arises from the spinal cord is_________
8. The gap between two neurons is_______
9. The brain is responsible for______
(a) Balancing of body
(c) Regulating heartbeat
10. Which of the following controls the involuntary actions in the body?
(a) Medulla in the forebrain
(b) Medulla in the hindbrain
(c) Medulla in the spinal cord
(d) Medulla in the midbrain
11. Which gland is lost as age advances?
12. Reflex actions are mediated through______
(c) Spinal cord
13. Which of the following control and regulate the life process?
(a) Reproductive and endocrine systems
(b) Respiratory and nervous systems
(c) Endocrine and digestive systems
(d) Nervous and endocrine systems
14. Which of the following is a plant hormone______
15. If the cerebellum of a man gets damaged, his movement becomes________
(a) Shaky & speech become defective
(b) Unbalanced, walk uncontrolled, defective speech & intention tremor
(c) Jerky & defective speech
(d) Jerky & walked uncontrolled
16. Progesterone is secreted by______
17. Glycogen is converted into glucose by________
(a) glucose kinase
18. Cerebral hemispheres are the centres of_________
19. Which of the following are the parts of neurons?
(a) Sympathetic and parasympathetic
(b) Dendrite axon and cell body
(c) Cortex medulla and sheath
(d) Brain spinal cord and vertebral column
20. Select the incorrect pair
(a) Adrenaline: Pituitary gland
(b) Testosterone : Testes
(c) Estrogen: Ovary
(d) Thyroxin: Thyroid gland
21. Which of the following is not an involuntary action?
22. A fatty layer secreted by Schwann cells is________
(a) fatty cover
(b) fatty sheath
(c) myelin sheath
(d) oily sheath
23. Any change in the environment to which an organism responds is called______
24. The largest part of the forebrain is_________
25. A microscopic gap between a pair of adjacent neurons over which nerve impulses pass is called________
26. What type of disorder, Paralysis is?
(a) nervous disorder
(b) functional disorder
(c) vascular disorder
(d) psychological disorder
27. Which of the following is the Main function of the cerebrum ?
28. The complete loss of function by one or more muscle groups is called__________
(a) functional disorder
(c) vascular disorder
29. Afferent nerve fiber conducts impulse from_________
(a) C.N.S. to effector
(b) Receptor to C.N.S.
(c) Receptor to effector
(d) Effector on receptor
30. Which of the following hormone known as an anti-abortion hormone?