Biodiversity and Conservation MCQ :
Biodiversity is also known as biological diversity. Biodiversity is defined as the diversity of species or variability of living organisms that exist on planet earth. We live in a stage in which we frequently hear why it is important to conserve biodiversity, but the truth is that many of us still wonder why this fact is due and who it directly influences. Well, although we may not believe it, there are many benefits that it can bring us, both for human beings and for society in general conserving biodiversity without making an inappropriate use of ecosystems, and doing everything possible so that the performance of man in nature is the least detrimental to it as possible.
Here We brings Biodiversity and Conservation NEET MCQ Questions and Answers. which is very important in NEET point of view. Multiple Choice Questions on Biodiversity and Conservation for NEET Aspirants are available for free, you can test your knowledge anytime and share the links with your friends to help them check their knowledge.
Multiple Choice Questions on Biodiversity and its Conservation Class 12 :
1. Alexander Von Humbolt described for the first time__________
(a) Ecological Biodiversity
(b) Laws of limiting factor
(c) Species area relationships
(d) Population Growth equation
2. All of the following are included in ex-situ conservation except_______
(a) Botanical gardens
(b) Sacred groves
(c) Wildlife safari parks
(d) Seed banks
3. Which one of the following is related to Ex-situ conservation of threatened animals and plants?
(a) Wildlife Safari parks
(b) Biodiversity hot spots
(c) Amazon rainforest
(d) Himalayan region
4. The region of Biosphere Reserve which is legally protected and where no human activity is allowed is known as________
(a) Core zone
(b) Transition zone
(c) Buffer zone
(d) Restoration zone
5. Which of the following National Parks is home to the famous deer Hangul?
(a) Dachigam National Park, J and K
(b) Keibul Lamjao National Park, Manipur
(d) None of these
6. Select the correct statement about diversity__________
(a) Large scale planting of Bt cotton has no adverse effect on biodiversity
(b) Conservation of biodiversity is a fad pursued by developed countries
(c) Desert areas of Rajasthan and Gujarat have a very high level of desert animal species as well as numerous rare animals
(d) Western Ghats have a very high degree of species richness and endemism
7. A hotspot of biodiversity in India is__________
(a) Eastern Ghats
(b) Western Ghats
(c) Gangetic plain
8. Which one of the following is an example of ex situ conservation?
(a) Sacred grove
(b) Wildlife sanctuary
(c) National park
(d) Seed bank
9. World Summit on Sustainable Development of 2002 was held in______
(b) South Africa
10. Red list contains data or information on_________
(a) Threatened species
(b) Marine vertebrates only
(c) All economically Important plants
(d) Plants whose products are in international Trade
11. Which of the following represent maximum number of species among global biodiversity?
(c) Mosses and ferns
12. The biodiversity of a geographic region represents________
(a) Genetic diversity present in the dominant species of the region
(b) Species endemic to the region
(c) Endangered species found in the region
(d) Diversity of organisms living in the region
13. Which one has the highest number of species?
14. Which of the following is the most important cause of animals and plants being driven to extinction_________
(b) Alien species invasion
(c) Habitat loss and fragmentation
15. Which is the national aquatic animal of India?
(a) Sea horse
(b) River dolphin
(c) Gangetic shark
(d) Blue whale
16. An area is declared as ‘hot spot when__________
(a) It has 1500 or more endemic species and 75% of its original habitat is lost
(b) It has 1500 or more vertebral species and 75% of its original habitat is lost
(c) It has more than 2000 species of plants
(d) Most of the species inhabiting the area are facing the risk of extinction
17. Which is not used for ex situ plant conservation?
(a) Field gene banks
(b) Shifting cultivation
(c) Botanical gardens
(d) Seed banks
We hope that above given Biology MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter Biodiversity and Conservation will help you for your NEET exam Preparation. If you have any query regarding about Biodiversity and Conservation Class 12 Biology MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below.
NEET Related Articles :