MCQ on Cytoplasm with Answers Pdf:
MCQ on Cytoplasm is becoming the most common part of today’s competitive examinations. Without basic knowledge of Cytoplasm Aspirants lag in these examinations. It tests general knowledge of common terms and the concept of Cytoplasm.
Keeping given this, we have added some most frequently asked MCQ questions on Cytoplasm in MCQ format for your proper practice. Take this online practice test/quiz and you will have an idea of what kind of questions are expected on Cytoplasm in various competitive exams.
Important Points to Remember about Cytoplasm:
- The cytoplasm is the gelatinous fluid that fills the inside of a cell. It is made up of water, salts, and various organic molecules. Some intracellular organelles, such as the nucleus and mitochondria, are surrounded by membranes that separate them from the cytoplasm.
- It is located between the cytoplasmic membrane and the cell nucleus. The cytoplasm comprises the entire volume of the cell except for its nucleus. It is made up of the cytosol, the cytoskeleton, and the cellular organelles.
- All cells, prokaryotic and eukaryotic, contain DNA in their cells. In eukaryotic cells, DNA is contained within the cell nucleus, while in prokaryotic cells, which do not have a defined nucleus, the genetic material is dispersed in the cell cytoplasm.
- The cytoplasm is responsible for holding the components of the cell and protecting them from damage. It stores the molecules required for cellular processes and is also responsible for giving the cell its shape.
- The cytoplasm provides support to the cell and suspends cell organelles and cellular molecules within it.
- The cytoplasm is the site for most of the metabolic reactions of the cells.
- Many metabolic processes occur in the cytoplasm like protein synthesis, the first stage of cellular respiration (known as glycolysis), mitosis, meiosis, etc.
- One of the important functions of cytoplasm is that it provides proper shape to the cell. It fills the cells thus allowing the organelles to remain in place.
MCQ on Cytoplasm Pdf:
1. The term cytoplasm was coined by_________
2. Cytosomes are found in________
(d) All of the above
Answer : D
3. Cytoplasm without cell organelles is termed as_______
4. ___________ is a jellylike substance found floating inside the plasma membrane.
(a) Cell sap
5. Jelly-like semifluid complex of cytoplasm is called________
(c) Cytoplasmic matrix
(d) Both B and C
6. What is called the cortex of cytoplasm?
7. The translucent fluid part of cytoplasm is called___________
(d) Cell Protein
8. Animal cytoplasm is composed of_______________
D. All of the above
9. Which is NOT a function of the cytoplasm?
(a) Provide support
(b) Proteins synthesis
(c) Provide protection
(d) Stores molecules
10. The fusion of cytoplasm is known as________
11. Cytoplasmic streaming or cyclosis is absent in_________
(a) Plant cells
(b) Animal cells
(c) Protozoan protists
12. In the rotation type of cyclosis, the cytoplasmic matrix flows in_________
(a) One direction
(b) Two opposite direction
(c) Different direction
13. The transfer of a genetic message from the nucleus to the ribosome in the cytoplasm is done by______
14. The phenomenon where cytoplasms shrink in a hypertonic medium is called____________
15. Cytoplasm of ovum does not possess____________-
(a) Golgi Apparatus.
16. During a deficiency of oxygen in tissues of human beings, pyruvic acid is converted into lactic acid in the__________
d) Golgi body
17. Cell organelles are embedded in_________
(a) Cytoplasmic membrane
(d) None of the above
18. The exchange of materials takes place between the nucleus and cytoplasm with the help of__________
(a) nuclear pores
(b) nuclear membrane
(d) chromatin network
19. During a deficiency of oxygen in tissues of human beings, pyruvic acid is converted into lactic acid in the__________
(d) Golgi body
20. Which among the following statements is incorrect?
(a) PH, temperature, viscosity, hormones, and light are the factors affecting cyclosis
(b) Higher the viscosity more is the rate of cyclosis
(c) Cytoplasm plays a vital role in respiration and contains dissolved nutrients
(d) Cytoplasm controls the shape of the cell and dissolves waste product
21. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(a) Cytoplasm is also known as protoplasm
(b) Lysosomes are known as the suicide bags of the cell
(c) Mitochondria has its DNA
(d) None of the above
Answer : D
22. Read the statement about cytoplasm below. Which of the following statements is correct about cytoplasm?
a) Cytoplasm fills the animal cell
b) Cytoplasm is a jelly-like substance
c) Chlorophyll is found in the nucleus
d) Cytoplasm and protoplasm are the same
23. Which of the following statements is true about the cell wall?
(a) The cell wall is mainly composed of lipid
(b) The cell wall is mainly composed of starch
(c) The cell wall is mainly composed of protein
(d) The cell wall is mainly composed of cellulose
24. Cytoplasm present in the axon is called_________