NEET Total Marks and Marking Scheme for NEET Subject Wise :
What is NEET ?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET Entrance Exam every year for verious medical courses like MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary and Nursing courses in various top colleges of India. NEET is India’s single largest and toughest undergraduate medical entrance examination conducted offline mode. It is being speculated that the National Testing Agency may soon announce the NEET 2022 exam date. Candidates can check all the information related to this exam on the official website of NTA at ntaneet.nic.in. NEET exam is conducted based on the syllabus of class 11th and 12th in which questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology are asked.
NEET 2022 Exam Date :
At present, the NEET 2022 exam date has not been announced. But it is being speculated that NTA may release NEET 2022 entrance exam date soon. Aspirants who are willing to take this exam can check the updates from time to time on the official website of NTA.
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates willing to appear for NEET 2022 entrance exam should be at least 17 years of age as on 31 December 2022.
- Along with Indian citizens, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), (Persons with Indian Origin) PIOs and foreign students can also take this test.
- Students of 10+2 or those who have done 12th can appear in this exam.
- For this exam, candidates have to study Biology/Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects.
- Students should have secured minimum 50% marks in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined. SC, ST, OBC-NCL category candidates should have minimum 40% marks in 12th.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern :
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the exam pattern for NEET 2022 exam. The exam pattern is available on the official website of National Testing Agency, ntaneet.nic.in. In this exam pattern, the candidate is given complete information about the scheme and mode of examination, question paper structure and topics. All the candidates who are preparing for NEET 2022 exam can check the complete pattern here below.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has made some important changes in the exam pattern of NEET 2022. As per the earlier exam pattern, 180 questions were asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) in the NEET exam. These Multiple Choice questions were to be answered on a specially designed OMR sheet using a ballpoint pen.
But in NEET 2022 two sections have been included in the exam pattern of NEET (UG). There will be two sections in each subject. Section A will have 35 questions and Section B will have 15 questions. Out of these 15 questions, candidates have to answer any 10 questions. In such a situation, out of 200, only 180 questions will be solved.
Each question will carry four marks and for wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. Like last year the maximum marks will be 720 only.
|Exam Format||Detail Information|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)
|Exam date||September 12
|Exam mode||Primarily offline, candidates are given a
NEET 2022 OMR sheets
to mark the answers with a black or blue ballpoint pen
|Exam Duration||3 hours
|Exam Language/Medium||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions
|Total number of questions in NEET||200 Questions (Students have to attempt 180 questions)
☆ Biology 90 Questions for 360 Marks
|Total marks in NEET 2022||720 Marks
|Marking Scheme||☆ 4 marks for each correct answer
☆ 1 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
Subject Wise Distribution of NEET Total Marks :
Every year lakhs of students appear in the NEET exam. NEET is conducted to get admission in the top medical college of the country and due to these the competition is very high. Due to the fear of this competition, many students drop their preparation. On the other hand, some students do not take the exam thinking of doing better in the next attempt or leave the preparation in the middle. Here we will give you complete information related to the NEET total marks Subject wise. Before appearing in the exam, the syllabus and total marks in NEET should be well understood.
NEET exam is conducted in offline mode. This paper is held in different languages- English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, Urdu etc. Students get 3 hours for this exam (NEET Exam). In which 180 questions are to be attempted. NEET paper consists of three subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Remember there is negative marking in this exam. 0.25 marks for every wrong answer i.e. 1 mark is deducted for every 4 wrong answers.
|NEET Subject||Number of
|Maximum Marks in NEET|
|Botany||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Zoology||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Chemistry||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Physics||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Total||180 Questions||Total 720 Marks in NEET|
- Each correct answer will be awarded four marks
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- No mark will be deducted for the questions which have not been answered
- Questions that have two or more responses marked on the OMR sheet will be considered as incorrect and one mark will be deducted for them
- For Detail Information refer below Table
|Types of Response||Marks|
|For each Correct Answer||+4 Marks|
|For each Incorrect Answer||-1 Marks|
|For No Response||0 Marks|
|More than one Response for Same Questions||-1 Marks|
- NEET Aspirants must use ballpoint pen which will be provided in the examination hall to Marked the Answers.
- Always Remembered that More than one Answers or Changing of answers on the OMR sheet is not allowed.
- Erasing/ obliterating any kind of information given on the OMR sheet is a punishable offence.
- For Rough work use test booklet only
- Dont use OMR sheets for Rough Works. If you do it is punishable offense.
- A Candidate must not forget to mark the test booklet code on the OMR sheet.
- Any text material, pieces of paper, geometry / pencil box, plastic pouch, calculator, pen, scale, writing pad, pen drive, eraser, calculator etc. Wallets, goggles, handbags, belts, caps, etc.
- Candidates should not carry any communication device like mobile phone, Bluetooth, earphones, microphone, pager, health band etc. Any watch / wrist watch, bracelet, camera etc.
- Any jewelry / metal items.
- Any open or packaged food, water bottle etc.
- If you belong to general category then you will get at least 550-600 marks out of 720, if you bring so many marks then you will get a very good government medical college.
- If you belong to OBC category then you will have to take around 500-600 marks to get a good college.
- If you belong to SC / ST category then you have to get more than 450 marks so that your admission can be done in a good government medical college.
Friends, percentile system has been kept for qualifying NEET. it is like this
- For General Category 50 percentile
- For General Category PWD 45 percentile
- For Reserved Category 40 Percentile (This includes SC/ST/OBC and PWD candidates belonging to the same categories.)