Management of Natural Resources MCQ:
Here you will find a list of the most important Multiple Choice Questions on the management of natural resources with answers for competitive exams like CBSE Class 10 science chapter 16 MCQs. These frequently asked sample questions are given with the correct choice of answer that you can check instantly. Presently we have added more than 20 MCQ questions to class 10 Sciencee chapter 16 for your practice. We will keep adding more questions and provide this question bank in PDF format so that you can download them instantly in E-book style.
MCQ on Management of Natural Resources class 10
1 ._______ can deplete the ozone layer.
4. Carbon dioxide
2. The most rapidly dwindling resource in the world is ______
3. Which one is the following is not a natural resource?
1. Mango tree
4. Wooden house
Answer: Wooden house
4. Which of the following is not a natural resource?
4. Wooden boat
Answer: Wooden boat
5. The green color of plants is due to the presence of____________
4. All of these
6. What is Conservation?
1. Proper use of natural resources
2. Protection of natural resources
3. Management of natural resources
4. All of these.
Answer: Proper use of natural resources
7. Expand the abbreviation GAP?
1. government agency for pollution control
2. gross assimilation for photosynthesis
3. Ganga Action Plan
4. government agency for animal protection
Answer: Ganga Action Plan
8. Which of the following is the best method from an environmental point of view?
4. All of above
Answer: All of above
9. Tehri Dam is built on the river ______________
1. the Yamuna
10. What is coliform?
1. Group of bacteria
2. Group of viruses
3. Group of microorganisms
4. Group of diseases
Answer: Group of bacteria
11. The following problem arises when a dam is built ________________
1. Social problems
2. Environmental problems
3. Economic problems
12. The quality of the environment can be improved by__________
2. Overuse of the natural environment
13. Government launched the ‘Ganga Action Plan’ (GAP) project in 1985. What is the main purpose of this project?
1. Build new dams over the Ganga river
2. Make its water pollution-free
3. Utilize the river water for irrigation purposes
4. Promote the growth of water animals like fish, in the river
Answer: Make its water pollution-free
14. What is the purpose of rainwater harvesting?
1. To hold rainwater on the surface of the earth.
2. To recharge groundwater.
3. To use water for the irrigation of crops.
4. To rear fish
Answer: To recharge groundwater
15. Which of the following community in Rajasthan has a religious tenet of conservation of forest and wildlife?
16. Arabari forests of Bengal is dominated by___________
17. Who started chipko andalon?
1 A. K. Banerjee
2. Amrita devi bisni
3. Sundar lal Bahuguna
4. Medha patkart
Answer: Sundar lal Bahuguna
18. _______________ is a major program that was started to replenish the damaged forests.
2. Tissue culture
19. Which of the following is not a use of forest?
1. Controls floods.
2. Used to make paper.
3. Causes soil erosion.
4. Resin, gum, and drugs are obtained.
Answer: Causes soil erosion.
20. Pick out the following which has no fossil fuel.
1. Wind, ocean, and coal
2. Kerosene, wind, and tide
3. Wind, wood, sun
4. Petroleum, wood, sun
Answer: Wind, wood, sun