Infrared Radiation MCQ with Answers Pdf:
- Infrared is an electromagnetic wave with a wavelength between microwaves and visible light, with a wavelength between 1mm and 760 nanometers (nm), which is longer than red light. (MCQ on Infrared radiation)
- Substances above absolute zero (-273.15°C) can generate infrared rays
- Medical infrared can be divided into two categories: near infrared and far infrared.
- With prolonged exposure, a person feels burning heat, a headache, signs of dizziness and even nausea appear.
- Short infrared rays carry a great danger to the organs of vision. Their long-term exposure to the eyes leads to the development of cataracts.
- A powerful source of infrared radiation is the Sun, about 50% of whose radiation lies in the infrared region. A significant proportion (from 70 to 80%) of the radiation energy of incandescent lamps with a tungsten filament is infrared radiation.
- Infrared rays are successfully used in surgery, dentistry, pediatrics, and many other medical fields for the prevention and treatment of several diseases.
- Infrared radiation is used for: Diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system: osteochondrosis, arthritis, osteoarthritis, gangrene, sprains, dislocations; Diseases of the nervous system: neuropathy, paralysis.
IR MCQ with Answer:
1. At present, the remote control appliances used in the family include TV sets, air conditioners, etc. The remote control sends out:
D. X rays
2. Which of the following is not the application of infrared is_______
A. baked goods
B. identify ancient paintings
C. monitor forest fires
D. tv remote
3. Which of the following is classified as electromagnetic radiation?
A. Visible light
B. X rays
C. Infrared radiation
D. All of the above
4. Which of the following is an infrared application______
B. Monitoring forest fires
C. make fluorescent tubes glow
D. Promotes vitamin D synthesis in the body
5. Magnetic particles with fluorescent coating are seen under which light?
A. White light
B. Infrared light
D. Ultraviolet light
6. Which of the following statements about infrared and ultraviolet is correct ________
A. Infrared is red, ultraviolet is purple
B. The main characteristic of infrared rays is the strong chemical action
C. UV light can be used to sterilize
D. Infrared and ultraviolet do not obey the laws of reflection of light
7. The heating in infrared drying in comparison to convection drying is higher by______
A. 5 time
B. 8 times
C. 10 times
D. 12 times
8. Which of the following statements about infrared is correct________
A. Objects below 0°C do not emit infrared rays
B. Infrared human eye can directly observe
C. The hotter the object, the stronger the infrared radiation
D. In the hospital, the method of irradiating infrared rays is often used for disinfection
9. sensors are light-based sensor that is used in various applications like Proximity and Object_______
D. None of above
10. In the following cases, infrared rays are used_________
A. The banknote detector checks the banknotes
B. The red taillight of the bicycle indicates the vehicle behind
C. The sonar system measures the distance of the submarine ahead
D. tv remote control tv
11. Comparing infrared and ultraviolet, which statement is correct________
A. The main function of infrared rays is sterilization
B. The main effect of ultraviolet rays is the thermal effect
C. Infrared is a visible light between red and orange
D. Ultraviolet light is invisible light outside of violet light
12. Which of the following statements about invisible light is false_______
A. Invisible light is an imaginary light that does not actually exist
B. Invisible light can also transmit energy
C. Invisible light can also travel straight through the air
D. Invisible light can also be reflected when it encounters objects
13. The influence of infrared radiation on the body is mainly________
D. Both B and C
Hope you like this MCQ on Infrared Radiation,