What is the full form of CID ?
CID stands for Crime Investigation Department. This system of police department under the jurisdiction of the state government investigates crimes in the state. Established in 1902 during the British rule. The entire state is the jurisdiction. Fingerprint Bureau, Crime Branch and CID, Anti-Narcotics Cell, Anti-Human Trafficking Unit. It handles Cases like riots and murders in the state are investigated as per the recommendations of the Police Commission. The state government or the high court may order an inquiry. The CID is headed by an Additional Director of Police.
Eligibility to become a CID officer
- To become a CID officer, the candidate must first be a citizen of India.
- The minimum qualification of a candidate to join CID as Sub Inspector or Officer should be graduation from a recognized University.
- To join CID as a constable, the candidate should have minimum qualification 12th or 10th. In addition to qualifying to become a CID officer, one must pass the Indian Civil Service Examination which is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Today, there are many universities in our country, India, which offer courses in criminology at the undergraduate level. These courses can help you become a CID officer.
- To become a CID officer, the candidate should have an excellent memory, sharp eyes, good character judgment, ability to work in a team.
- Also the most important thing is that the aspiring candidates should be single. If the candidate fulfills all the basic requirements of this job then he is eligible to become a CID officer.
How to become a CID officer?
Let us know how to become a CID officer, friends, you should know that there is no direct recruitment to become a CID officer, this means that to become a CID officer, you must first join the police or other para military forces, and When you see a good performance job you are selected in CID, to become a CID officer you first join the police force after graduation and then promoted to the CID wing keeping in mind your service track record there Goes.
The CID has several branches such as CB-CID, Anti-Terrorism Wing, Anti-Narcotics Cell, Anti-Human Trafficking and Missing Person Cell, Finger Print Bureau, Bank Fraud, Dog Squad and Human Rights Department.
Various CID Branches
- CID and Crime Branch
- Department of Human Rights
- Bank Frauds
- Missing Person cell and Anti-Human Trafficking
- Anti-Narcotics Cell
- Finger Print Bureau
- Anti-Terrorism Wing
- Dog Squad.
Function of CID
- The main function of CID is to investigate criminal cases like murder, rape, theft, robbery etc.
- It gathers evidence, catches facts and culprits for criminal cases and fraud and finally presents the accused with evidence in court.
- Depending on the level of crime, these investigations can spread to many cities and states.
- The CID team also enlists the help of the local police to investigate the cases.
We hope this article related to CID full form has been informative for you. Below are links to articles related to the full form! Please check once!