Multiple Choice Questions on Scalar and Vector Pdf:
1. Which Of the following physical quantities is a scalar quantity ______
A. kinetic energy
B. Electric field strength
D. Magnetic induction
2. The quantity which has the only magnitude is called____________
A. A scalar quantity
B. A vector quantity
C. A chemical quantity
D. A magnitude quantity
3. Which of the following physical quantities is a vector is_______
A. Magnetic induction
B. Potential difference
4. Which one of the following is a scalar quantity?
B. Electric field
5. Which of the following is not a scalar quantity?
D. Electric Field
6. Which of the following physical quantities is a vector is_________
A. kinetic energy
B. potential energy
7. Among the following four groups of physical quantities, each quantity is a vector________
A. Displacement, Velocity, Acceleration
B. force, displacement, work
C. speed, acceleration, kinetic energy
D. Gravity, displacement, gravitational potential energy
8. The following is a description of the properties of several physical quantities and their units, of which the correct one is_______
A. Gravity is a vector, the unit is N, 1 N=1 kg·m/s²
B. Work is a vector, the unit is J, 1 J=1 kg·m² /s²
C. Power is a scalar quantity in W, 1 W = 1 N m/s
D. Both A and C
9. In the following groups of physical quantities, which all belong to the vector is__________
A. displacement, time, speed
B. Velocity, Velocity Variation, Acceleration
C. speed, velocity, acceleration
D. distance, time, speed
10. In physics, a physical quantity with both size and direction is called a vector; a physical quantity with only size and no direction is called a scalar. Which of the following physical quantities is a scalar is__________
11. Which of the following statements is correct about vectors and scalars______
A. A vector is a physical quantity that has both magnitude and direction
b. A scalar is a physical quantity that has both magnitude and direction
C. -10°C is lower than 5°C
D. Both A and D
12. Which of the following statements is false________
A. Acceleration, velocity, and displacement are all vectors
B. Distance, time, and velocity are all scalars
C. The average speed is the size of the average speed
D. The displacement of an object in a certain period cannot be greater than the distance
13. Which of the following statements is correct_______
A. Force, distance, and speed are all vectors
B. Both distance and mass are scalars
C. Force, displacement, velocity, and acceleration are all vectors
D. Both B and C
14. What is a vector?
A. A vector is a quantity that has both direction and magnitude.
B. A vector having a unit magnitude is called a unit vector.
C. A unit vector is dimensionless and a unit less and only represents direction.
D. All of these
15. What is a scalar?
A. The physical quantities which have only magnitude and no direction are called scalar quantities or scalars.
B. A Scalar is a quantity that has both direction and magnitude.
C. A Scalar having a unit magnitude is called a unit vector
D. None of these