Multiple Choice Questions on Biofertilizer with Answers Pdf :
Hello Students, how are you all hope you all will be good, in this Page we have shared with you more than 20 Important MCQ on Biofertilizer which is helpful for NEET Biology. This Biofertilizer NEET MCQ will help you to enhance your performance in NEET.
Dear students if you have just started your NEET Biology MCQ Preparation then you must go through our YB NEET Biology MCQ Bank. If you have any dout related to MCQ on Biofertilizer then in this post of today all your douts will be cleared hear…
Important points to Remember about Biofertilizer :
- The biofertilizers are organic fertilizers that provide nutrients to the plants that are necessary for plant growth and development with the improvement in the quality of the soil, helping to ensure optimized and natural microbiological environment.
- Biofertilizers are currently an essential product for organic farming as they help to improve agricultural production and achieve large harvests without damaging the environment at any time and always following guidelines that are totally respectful of the soil, nature and sustainable development.
- A biofertilizer is basically made with a bacterium or a fungus that has the characteristic of allowing plants to acquire nutrients to improve their performance. And they do it in a natural way, providing highly beneficial elements, mainly nitrogen and phosphorus.
- Biofertilizers come from animals, plant debris, food, and other natural organic sources.
- They consume less energy for their production, so it helps a sustainable management of resources.
- They replace chemical fertilizers, so they do not harm the environment.
- They improve the environment where they are used as they recover organic matter from the soil and allow the fixation of carbon in it, improving the ability to absorb water.
- They also improve the texture of the soil, increase its useful life and keep it in optimal growing conditions.
- They improve the productivity of crops. Foods treated with biofertilizers are healthier as they keep all their nutrients intact and are not in contact with chemicals that could be harmful to consumers.
MCQ on Biofertilizer with Answers for NEET :
1. Cyanobacteria are used as biofertilisers because they____________
(a) are photosynthetic
(b) grow easily anywhere
(c) have mucilage
(d) fix atmospheric nitrogen
2. Biofertilisers are_____________
(a) some bacteria and cyanobacteria
(b) fertilisers formed by ploughing in barseem
(c) fertilisers obtained by decay of dead organisms
(d) fertilisers prepared by mixing cattle dung with crop residues
3. Which of the following is a non-symbiotic biofertiliser ?
4. Which of the following is incorrectly matched?
(a) Alnus – Frankia
(b) Alfalfa – Rhizobium
(c) Nitrogen fixer – Anabaena
(d) Mycorrhiza – Rhodospirrilum
5. Are natural fertilizers that are microbial, bacteria, algae and fungi________
(c) Primary consumers
6. Organic farming does not include_________
(a) green manures
(b) chemical fertilisers
(c) farmyard manures
7. A nitrogen fixing microbe associated with the fern Azolla in rice fields is______________
8. Which of the following is widely used as a successful biofertiliser in Indian rice field ?
(b) Acacia arabica
(c) Acalypha indica
(d) Azolla pinnata
9. Which of the following is an aerobic nitrogen-fixing bacterium?
10. Biofertilisers are the living organisms which__________
(a) bring about soil nutrient enrichment
(b) maximise the ecological benefits
(c) minimise the environmental hazards
(d) all of these
11. Pick the correct statement__________
(a) legumes do not fix nitrogen
(b) legumes fix nitrogen independent of bacteria
(c) legumes fix nitrogen through bacteria in their roots
(d) legumes fix nitrogen through bacteria in their leaves
12. Which of the following is not a biofertilizer?
13. Which one of the following can be used as biofertiliser in cotton field ?
(d) Azotobacter chroococcum
14. Which of the following is a pair of biofertilizers?
(a) Salmonella and E.coli
(b) Rhizobium and grasses
(c) Nostoc and legume
(d) Azolla and BGA
15. Azolla pinnata has been found to be an important biofertiliser for paddy crops. This quality is due to the presence of____________
(a) N2 fixing bacteria
(b) N2 fixing cyanobacteria
(d) all of these
16. Which one of the following is not a nitrogen-fixing organism ?
17. Which of the following is not used as a bio-fertiliser?
18. The symbiotic association between fungi and roots of higher plants is referred to as___________
(d) biocontrol agent
19. Which of the following is used as a biofertilizer for soybean crop?
20. Which of the following is commonly used as a nitrogen fixer in paddy fields?
21. Which of the following is not a free-living Nitrogen-fixing bacteria?
22. ________________ bacteria provides nitrogen to the plants from soil and is bio-fertilizer.
(b) E. coli
We hope the given Biofertilizer MCQ with Answers will help you for your Exam Preparation. If you have any query regarding above MCQs Pdf, Comment us below.
NEET Related Articles :