Homeostasis MCQs with Answers Pdf :
Homeostasis is defined as maintenance of internal environment of an organism to deal with the environmental changes such as physical, chemical and biological. An example of homeostasis is the human body maintains average temperature of body at 98.6 degrees. The theory of homeostasis was first introduced by a French Physiologist Bernard in the year 1865, and the term homeostasis was first used by Walter Bradford Cannon in 1926. The human body maintains homeostasis or Internal Environment by controlling different Physical and chemical reactions such as body temperature regulation, Maintenance of blood pH, blood glucose levels to fluid balance, Concentration of sodium, potassium and calcium ion. The Homeostasis process continuously works to maintain internal regulations on three mechanisms: Effector, Receptor and Control Center.
Here we brings MCQ questions on Homeostasis that may be directly asked in the CBSE board exam or may be in NEET exam also, you may have questions based on similar concepts. So, try to practice these Homeostasis MCQ with Answers thoroughly to fine-tune your preparations and score good marks in the NEET exam.
Multiple Choice Questions on Homeostasis Pdf :
1. Which of the following statements best describes homeostasis?
(a) Keeping the body in a fixed and unaltered state.
(b) Dynamic equilibrium.
(c) Maintaining a near-constant internal environment.
(d) Altering the external environment to accommodate the body’s needs.
2. The mechanism of regulation, generally between organism and its environment, of solutes and the gain and the loss of water is called________________
3. A feedback mechanism regulates the action of the____________
(c) Cell division
(d) None of the above
4. In the case of low blood glucose concentration, the negative feedback is_________
(a) Conversion of glucose into glycogen
(b) to workout
(c) to rest
(d) conversion of glycogen to glucose
Answer : D
5. Abscisic is called stress hormone as it is______________
(a) Induces flowering
(b) Breaks seed dormancy
(c) Promotes leaf fall
(d) Promotes stomatal closure
Answer : C
6. Active uptake of sodium is promoted by action of enzyme known as___________
7. The vertebral column provides more strength as a result of 4____________
8. Which of the following statement is incorrect about Homeostasis______________
(a) because of this, the fluctuations of the internal environment are of extremely narrow range as compared to that of the external environment
(b) there is a definite control system regulating the homeostatic activities
(c) homeostatic mechanisms keep the internal environment fixed despite wide changes in the external environment
(d) all the above
9. Which of the following hormones is not important in calcium homeostasis?
(b) Parathyroid hormone
10. Hormone which helps in metamorphosis in insects in___________
(d) All of these
11. Which of the following statements regarding calcium homeostasis is not true?
(a) Extracellular calcium concentration is monitored in the parathyroid.
(b) Inhibition of osteoclast activity helps restore high extracellular calcium concentration to normal levels.
(c) Calcitonin and parathyroid hormone have opposing effects on extracellular calcium concentration.
(d) 1,25-dihydrocycholecalciferol and parathyroid hormone have opposing effects on extracellular calcium concentration.
12. Chromatophores in frog’s skin are controlled by_______________
(c) Nervous activity
(d) Nervous and hormonal activities
13. A hormone secreted by the posterior lobe of the pituitary is concerned with_________
(a) Contraction of uterine muscles
(b) Secondary sexual characters
(c) Stimulation of thyroids
(d) Metabolism of carbohydrates
14. Which of the following statements regarding blood pressure is not true?
(a) Blood pressure is constant throughout the body.
(b) Blood pressure varies throughout the cardiac cycle.
(c) Blood pressure is regulated by the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone pathway.
(d) Blood pressure can be altered by adrenaline.
15. Which of the following statement about Homeostasis is incorrect________________
(a) There is a definite control system that regulates the homeostatic activities
(b) Homeostatic mechanisms keep the internal environment fixed despite of wide changes in external environment
(c) Because of this the fluctuations of internal environment are of extremely narrow range as compared to that of external environment
(d) All are correct
Above Biology MCQs for Class 12 Chapter 1 Homeostasis Pdf Questions and Answers are prepared as per the latest prescribed NEET syllabus. Ace up your NEET exam preparation with MCQ Homeostasis Physiology available here below to enhance your NEET preparation. Understand the each MCQ clearly by consistently practicing the MCQs of Homeostasis and Answers for NEET and score well in your exams.
Biology Related Articles :