NEET 2024 Complete Guide: Eligibility, NEET Exam Dates, NEET Syllabus, and Exam Pattern :
What is NEET?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the conducting body of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission in various Medical courses such as MBBS, BDS AYUSH, and veterinary and nursing courses as well. NEET is the toughest and single largest undergraduate medical entrance examination in India. For NEET the competition level is very high. Every year Near about 15 lack students take the NEET exam only for near about 50,000 Admissions in various government and private medical colleges across the country. Every year NEET entrance exam is conducted in pen and paper mode means offline mode. The date for NEET 2024 entrance exam is still not announced by NTA.
In the NEET entrance exam, questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on the NCERT class 11 and 12 syllabi. NEET exam is usually conducted on the first Sunday of May from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. It is expected that the online registration for NEET 2024 entrance exam may start in December and those candidates who will fulfill the NEET eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill online application of the NEET exam form.
Here below we discuss NEET eligibility criteria including minimum and maximum age requirements, educational qualification requirements, subjects studied in the qualifying exam, status of the qualifying exam, category, nationality, etc.
NEET 2024 Exam Highlights :
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum |
|Exam Conducting |
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Exam Language||English, Assamese, Bengali, |
Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada,
Marathi, Oriya, Tamil,
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, BUMS, |
BAMS, BHMS, BSMS,
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
Biology – 360
Chemistry – 180
Physics – 180
|No. of Participants |
|No. of Seats||158002|
|Seat reservations |
|15% All India Quota seats|
85% State Quota seats
|Number of registered |
aspirants in NEET 2020
|Over 16 lakh aspirants|
|Candidates appeared for |
NEET in 2023
|NEET last year’s |
|UR – 50|
SC/ST/OBC – 40
UR PWD – 45
NEET 2024 Exam Dates :
Like every other year, the NTA has released the official notification calendar with the tentative NEET exam dates for the exam. NEET 2024 Exam Calendar is now available on the official website of the NEET. The NEET has released the schedule of release of notifications, the application process, Eligibility criteria, and the date of commencement of the examination. Candidates aspiring for the NEET Exam must check out the latest NEET Exam Calendar 2024 available on the website.
At present, the NEET 2024 exam dates have not been announced by NTA, But it is being speculated that NEET notification will be released on December 2023, and the exam will be conducted in May 2024. Therefore, the candidates preparing for NEET Exam 2024 must fasten their preparation. Aspirants who are willing to take this exam can check the updates from time to time on the official website of NTA.
- Application Form – Available November 2023
- Application Form – The deadline to apply is December 2023
- Application Form Fee – December 2023 is the last date for submission
- Correction Window Portal – January 2024
- Admit Card Release Date – April 2024
- NEET Exam – First Sunday of May 2024
- NEET Results – Not in the first week of June 2024
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Official Notification for NEET 2024||To be announced|
|Release of NEET 2024 application form||To be announced|
|Last date to fill NEET application form||To be announced|
|Release of NEET admit card 2024||To be announced|
|NEET 2024 exam date||To be announced|
|NEET Results Day||To be announced|
Note: NEET Exam dates can be changed if circumstances are such. You must keep on checking the NEET official website for updated NEET exam dates regularly.
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria :
- Nationality: Aspirants must be Indian, Apart from Indian students, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs, and foreign nationals are also eligible for the NEET exam. NEET has been made mandatory for those candidates who want to study medicine in India. It is also mandatory for those candidates who want to study medicine abroad but want to come back to India for practice.
- Educational Requirements: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as main subjects from a recognized board. Candidates who are appearing for class 12 or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply for NEET 2023.
- Age Limit: The main concern of every candidate regarding eligibility, for appearing in the NEET entrance test, is the NEET age limit. To appear for the NEET exam candidates must be of 17 years of age at the time of admission. The maximum age limit for open-category students is 25 years, while students with reservations are given an age relaxation of up to 30 years.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English individually in the qualifying examination which is 10+2 or equivalent. The marks required in 12th board are as under : Open Category – 50% , PwD Open Category – 45%, Reserved-SC ST OBC-40, PwD-SC ST OBC – 40%
- Number of Attempts: Based on the amendments to NEET eligibility criteria in 2018, the officials have removed the restriction on the number of attempts for NEET. So there is no restriction on the number of attempts for NEET 2024. Now candidates will be allowed to appear in the NEET exam as many times as they want if they are eligible.
NEET 2024 Exam Pattern :
National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the exam pattern for NEET 2024 exam. The exam pattern is available on the official website of the National Testing Agency, ntaneet.nic.in. In this exam pattern, the candidate is given complete information about the scheme and mode of examination, question paper structure, and topics. All the candidates who are preparing for NEET 2024 exam can check the complete pattern here below.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has made some important changes in the exam pattern of NEET 2024. As per the earlier exam pattern, 180 questions were asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) in the NEET exam. These Multiple Choice questions were to be answered on a specially designed OMR sheet using a ballpoint pen.
But in NEET 2024 two sections have been included in the exam pattern of NEET (UG). There will be two sections for each subject. Section A will have 35 questions and Section B will have 15 questions. Out of these 15 questions, candidates have to answer 10 questions. In such a situation, out of 200, only 180 questions will be solved.
Each question will carry four marks and for a wrong answer, one mark will be deducted under negative marking. Like last year the maximum marks will be 720 only.
|Exam Format||Detail Information|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam date||September 12|
|Exam mode||Primarily offline, candidates are given a|
NEET 2024 OMR sheets
Mark the answers with a black or blue ballpoint pen
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam Language/Medium||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions in NEET||200 Questions (Students have to attempt 180 questions)|
☆ Biology 90 Questions for 360 Marks
|Total marks in NEET 2024||720 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||☆ 4 marks for each correct answer|
☆ 1 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer
NEET Total Marks :
Every year lakhs of students appear in the NEET exam. NEET is conducted to get admission to the top medical college in the country and due to these, the competition is very high. Due to the fear of this competition, many students drop their preparation. On the other hand, some students do not take the exam thinking of doing better in the next attempt or leaving the preparation in the middle. Here we will give you complete information related to the NEET total marks Subject wise. Before appearing in the exam, the syllabus and total marks in NEET should be well understood.
NEET exam is conducted in offline mode. This paper is held in different languages- English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Telugu, Urdu, etc. Students get 3 hours for this exam (NEET Exam). 180 questions are to be attempted. NEET paper consists of three subjects- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Remember there is a negative marking in this exam. 0.25 marks for every wrong answer i.e. 1 mark is deducted for every 4 wrong answers.
|NEET Subject||Number of|
|Maximum Marks in NEET|
|Botany||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Zoology||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Chemistry||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Physics||45 Questions||180 Marks|
|Total||180 Questions||Total 720 Marks in NEET|
- Each correct answer will be awarded four marks
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- No mark will be deducted for the questions which have not been answered
- Questions that have two or more responses marked on the OMR sheet will be considered incorrect and one mark will be deducted from them
- For Detail Information refer to Table
|Types of Response||Marks|
|For each Correct Answer||+4 Marks|
|For each Incorrect Answer||-1 Marks|
|For No Response||0 Marks|
|More than one Response to the Same Questions||-1 Marks|
NEET Admit Card 2024:
- A direct link to download NEET admit card has been provided above, once it is issued by NTA. Candidates have to click on it.
- Now enter your NEET application number, date of birth, and security pin in the space provided on the screen and then click on the ‘Submit button’.
- When candidates complete the steps as mentioned above, their NEET Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Now Check all the details given on the admit card. In case of discrepancy, contact the officials for rectification.
- If all the details are correct on your NEET admit card, then use the download link to get it in PDF format.
- Now Save and take a printout of your NEET Admit Card and keep it safe for future use.
- It is mandatory to get the signature of the parents on the NEET admit card at the designated place.
NEET Results 2024:
- Visit the official website – neet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the tab “View NEET-UG 2023 Result” which is displayed on the screen.
- Enter your Roll Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin as given on the candidate login window page.
- NEET results will be displayed on the screen in the form of a scorecard.
- Verify the details mentioned on the scorecard
- Download NEET 2023 result and save it for future reference.
NEET Counseling 2023 Cut-Off :
|Category||NEET Cutoff |
|NEET Cutoff |
NEET Syllabus 2024 :
|Class 11th Syllabus||Class 12th Syllabus|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation in|
Plants and Animals
|Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its |
|Human Physiology||Ecology and Environment|
|Class 12th Syllabus||Class 11th Syllabus|
|Solid State||Some basic concepts of Chemistry|
|Solutions||Structure of Atom|
|Electrochemistry||Classification of Elements |
and Periodicity in Properties
|Chemical Kinetics||Chemical Bonding and |
|Surface Chemistry||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|General Properties and Processes |
of Isolation of Elements
|P block Elements||Equilibrium|
|D and F block Elements||Redox Reactions|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||S block Elements |
(Alkali and Alkaline Metals)
|Alcohol, Phenols & Ethers||Some P-block elements|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and |
|Organic Chemistry- Some |
Basic Principles and Techniques
|Organic compound containing |
|Biomolecules, Polymers and|
Chemistry in Everyday Life
|Class 12th Syllabus||Class 11th Syllabus|
|Electro statistics||Physical World and|
|Magnetic Effects of |
Electric Current and
|Laws of Motion|
|Electromagnetic Induction |
And Alternating Currents
|Work, Energy, and Power|
|Electromagnetic Waves||The motion of a system of Particles|
and rigid body
|Dual Nature of Matter and |
|Properties of bulk matter|
|Atoms and Nuclei||Thermodynamics|
|Electronic Devices||The Behavior of Kinetic Theory|
|Oscillations and waves|
How to prepare for NEET 2024:
- Prepare yourself Firstly: Before trying to understand how to start NEET preparation, you must prepare yourself for this journey. Before starting your preparation prepare yourself mentally and physically for the exam. Set goals and dedicate time effectively.
- Understand Syllabus: The syllabus is the soul of any examination. It is most important to know the syllabus before studying the books. NTA has provided the NEET syllabus in detail. Candidates must understand and follow the syllabus of the NEET Exam. Knowing the syllabus will help you in choosing relevant study material, prioritizing subjects, etc.
- Read NCERT Textbook: NCERT Textbooks of classes 11th and 12th play a very important role in the preparation for the NEET Exam. These books provide information very coherently. In addition, they are also reliable, as the source is the NTA itself. Apart from NCERT, you should also go through some other advanced textbooks.
- Make Own Short Notes: Making short notes is helpful during NEET preparation. Since the NEET syllabus is huge, it helps to cover the parts and also acts as a ready-recounter for revision. You can have different files or notebooks for different subjects. These are especially helpful in the case of linking related to particular questions to a particular topic.
- Solve NEET Previous Year Papers: NEET Previous question papers are the most reliable source to understand NEET patterns, difficulty levels, and types of questions. You can easily judge the NEET exam paper trends. It will also help you to understand which areas are most important in a particular subject. Lastly, it is a good source of self-assessment in your NEET exam preparation.
- Take Mock Test: You should give mock tests again and again. This will let you know in which direction your preparation is going. Accordingly, you will be able to change your strategy as well.
- Revision: Revision becomes very important when you are preparing for any tough exam like NEET. Since the NEET syllabus is vast and varied and covers a wide variety of topics, it is natural to forget things that you studied earlier. To avoid this, timely revision is very necessary.
- Stay Positive: Staying positive is the most important aspect of the entire NEET journey. There are times when the atmosphere can be overwhelming and you may feel sad or nervous. So remove the negative thoughts from your head and do hard work.
When NEET Date be Released?
Answer: National Testing Agency conducts the NEET entrance exam every year for MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, and Nursing courses in various colleges in India. Now the results of NEET UG 2024 are out. And soon their counseling is also going to start. In such a situation, soon the examination date of 2024 can also be announced. In such a situation, it is very important that the students and girls who are going to prepare for the examination, they should know what they should keep in mind in the preparation.
Is Ncert enough for NEET?
Answer: Reading Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT textbooks is essential for your NEET exam preparation and if you have a question on your mind about our NCERT books are sufficient for the NEET exam or not, then for those students, we say No doubt, NCERT books must be the essential study materials when it comes to NEET as 80-85% of the MCQ question paper comprises questions from NCERT books only. NEET candidates must read NCERT books of classes 11 and 12 for all subjects – Biology Physics and Chemistry. NCERT books definitely help you to crack the NEET exam.
Is it difficult to crack NEET?
Answer: This must be the first question that all NEET aspirants ask themselves, their parents, and mentors. And it’s natural when there is so much to hear about the NEET buzz around you. Every NEET candidate planning to appear in the NEET exam faces this and the first thing they do is to investigate if the NEET exam is tough or easy.
NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) exam is one of the toughest national medical entrance exams in India. Every year approximately 15-16 lack students take the NEET exam and this makes the NEET exam quite tougher many NEET
aspirants admit without hesitation that it is a tough exam. However, with the right preparation strategies and guidance, a perfect mixture of hard work and smart work plus your determination can crack this NEET exam on the first attempt.
- For those students According to experts, after all the assessments, the cut-off for the general category in NEET will be around 510 for the general category. 490 for OBC, 395 for SC, and around 350 marks for ST.
- Let us tell you that a total of 180 questions have come in the exam. Four marks for each correct answer and one mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- If a student scores around 510 out of total 720 marks then his seat is almost confirmed. The cutoff is the minimum mark by which a student gets admission to medical colleges across the country.
- To qualify for admission to MBBS-BDS, a candidate belonging to the unreserved category has to score a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET. Minimum 40 percentile for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes, while it is necessary to have 45 percentile for handicapped students.
- Percentile will be decided based on higher marks obtained in the All India Common Merit List.
- If you belong to the general category then you will get at least 550-600 marks out of 720, if you bring so many marks then you will get a very good government medical college.
- If you belong to the OBC category then you will have to take around 500-600 marks to get a good college.
- If you belong to SC / ST category then you have to get more than 450 marks so that your admission can be done in a good government medical college.