Chromosomal Abnormalities Multiple Choice Questions:
1. What are chromosomal aberrations?
A. Chromosome aberrations include changes in chromosome number.
B gains and losses of chromosomes
C. Changes in Chromosome
D. All of these
2. What are the 4 types of chromosomal aberrations with examples?
E. All of these
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of Down’s syndrome?
A. Very tall
B. Small round head
C. Furrowed tongue
D. Partially open mouth
4. In the following human gametes, a combination of male individuals with Down’s Syndrome (three chromosomes 21) may result:
A. (23+X) and (21+Y)
B. (23+X) and (22+XX)
C. (23+X) and (22+Y)
D. (21+Y) and (22+XX)
5. Which of the following is an example of inversion?
A. Chromosome 22 and 9
B. Chromosome 8
C. Chromosome 14
D. Chromosome 3
6. On which of the following chromosomal disorders are based?
A. Mutant allele and their defective products
B. Imbalance in chromosome number and chromosome arrangement
C. Mutant allele and chromosome arrangement
D. Mutant allele and imbalance in chromosome number
7. Which of the following statement is true about the chromosomes?
A. it is present within the nucleus.
B. it carries genes and helps in inheritance.
C. it is composed of DNA in the form of protein and chromatin.
D. all of the above
8. Genetic recombination, genetic mutation, and chromosomal variation have in common_______
A. produce new genes
B. The resulting variation is favorable
C. The resulting mutations are all harmful
D. Variations may be inherited
9. Which of the following is not a chromosomal aberration_______
A. Genetic disease caused by the deletion of the broken arm of chromosome 5
B. Down syndrome with one more chromosome 21
C. Homologous chromosomes exchange structures of corresponding parts
D. haploid plants are grown from anthers
10. Which of the following is not a chromosomal variant________
A. Deletion of the short arm of human chromosome 5
B. Crossover between non-sister chromatids of homologous chromosomes
C. Human chromosome 21 has an additional
D. A segment of Drosophila chromosome II is transferred to chromosome III
11. Which of the following is the correct statement about the genome_______
A. The genome does not contain alleles
B. Chromosomes are only present in somatic cells
C. Sexual germ cells contain only one set of chromosomes
D. Non-homologous chromosomes are not present in the genome