MCQ on Polarisation | PPL MCQ
The phenomenon of polarisation proves that light consists of transverse waves. It can be demonstrated by using two tourmaline crystals, Nicol prism, or polaroids. A light wave in which all the vibrations of the electric vector E occur in a single direction, perpendicular to the direction of propagation is said to be a linearly polarised or a plane polarised light wave. The plane of vibration of plane polarised light is perpendicular to the plane of polarization.
Types of polarised light
(i) unpolarised light
(ii) plane polarised light
(ii) partially polarised light
PPL MCQ ( Plane Polarised light MCQ)
1. Which one of the following properties shows that align consists of transverse waves?
2. The phenomenon of polarisation proves that light has________
(a) dual nature
(b) quantum nature
(c) particle nature
(d) transverse nature
3. The phenomenon of polarisation can not be observed in the case of________
(a) Ultraviolet rays
(b) Sound waves
(c) Radio waves
Read: MCQs on Simple Pendulum
4. In which one of the following phenomena, colors are not produced if white light is used?
5. Which one of the following properties is not common for light and sound waves?
(c) Inverse square law
6. Light can not be polarised by________
7. In a plane polarised electromagnetic wave, the angle between the planes of vibration and polarization is______
71. Consider sound waves in air, electromagnetic, waves in the visible region, and transverse waves on a string. The phenomenon of polarisation can be observed in__________
(a) sound waves in the air and transverse waves on the string
(b) electromagnetic waves and sound waves in the air
(c) Electromagnetic waves in the visible region and transverse waves on the string
(d) Sound waves
Read: Stationary waves MCQs
We hope the above PPL MCQ Questions have helped you during your exam preparation. If you need any assistance, feel free to ask us and we will get back to you very soon. Stay connected with ybstudy.com for more Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Multiple Choice Questions.