Acceleration MCQ with Answers Pdf:
- Acceleration is a physical quantity in physics and a vector.
- It is mainly used in classical physics.
- It is generally represented by the letter a.
- The unit in the International System of Units is meters per second squared (m/s²).
- Acceleration is the rate of change of the velocity vector concerning time, describing how fast the direction and magnitude of the velocity change.
- Acceleration is caused by force and is a very important physical quantity in classical mechanics because of Newton’s second law.
- Accelerations in a certain frame of reference in an inertial reference frame appear as inertial forces in that frame of reference.
- Acceleration is also directly or indirectly related to various effects, such as electromagnetic radiation.
Multiple Choice Questions on Acceleration with Answers:
1. ____________ is defined as the rate of change of velocity concerning time.
D. All of the above
2. The acceleration of a free fall body is_______
B. 9.8 m/s2
3. The SI unit of acceleration is___________
4. At a particular instant, the acceleration of a body is called_________
A. instantaneous acceleration
B. instantaneous velocity
C. instantaneous displacement
D. instantaneous speed
5. What is negative acceleration known as?
6. A uniformly accelerated body has ____
A. Constant speed
B. Constant velocity
C. Constant force
D. Constant momentum
7. Which of the following statements about acceleration is correct________
A. Acceleration is caused by changes in velocity.
B. The acceleration is always zero, and the motion state must not change.
C. When the direction of acceleration changes, the direction of velocity must change.
D. The acceleration is a positive value, the speed must be increasing.
8. The area of acceleration-time graph gives___________
B. velocity change
9. Which of the following remains constant if a body travels with constant acceleration?
D. None of the above
10. The dimensional formula for acceleration is_______
11. The distance traveled by an object is directly proportional to the time taken. Its acceleration________
A. to increase
C. becomes zero
D. remains constant
12. The acceleration of a moving object can be found from__________
A. area under the displacement-time graph
B. slope of the displacement-time graph
C. area under a velocity-time graph
D. slope of the velocity-time graph
13. _____________ is the total change in velocity in the given interval divided by the total time taken for the change.
A. Uniform acceleration
B. Non-uniform acceleration
C. Both A and B
D. Average acceleration
14. Nature of displacement-time curve for an object moving with uniform acceleration is____________
A. straight line passing through the origin
B. straight line parallel to time B. axis
15. The change in velocity corresponding to the time interval within which the change has accelerated is known as ——————–
B. Instantaneous Velocity
C. Uniform Motion
D. Average Acceleration
16. A body starts from rest and travels with uniform acceleration in a straight line. If its velocity after making a displacement of 32 m is 8 m/s, its acceleration is__________
A. 1 m/s²
B. 2 m/s²
C. 3 m/s²
D. 4 m/s²
17. A body starts from rest and travels with uniform acceleration to make a displacement of 6 m. If its velocity after making the displacement is 6 m/s, then its uniform acceleration a is__________
A. 6 m/s²
B. 2 m/s²
C. 3 m/s²
D. 4 m/s²
18. A body covers 16, 18, 20, and 22 meters in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th seconds respectively. Which of the following statements is true about the body?
A. The body moves with a uniform velocity from rest
B. The body from rest moves with uniform acceleration
C. The body moves with an initial velocity and moves with uniform acceleration
D. The body moves with an initial velocity and then moves with uniform velocity
19. Which of the following statements about acceleration is correct___________
A. Acceleration is numerically equal to the change in velocity per unit of time
b. When the acceleration is in the same direction as the velocity and decreases, the object decelerates
C. When the speed direction is positive, the acceleration direction must be negative
D. As the speed changes faster and faster, the acceleration becomes smaller and smaller
20. Rate of change of velocity of the body is said to be_________
21. Which of the following statements is correct_________
A. As the acceleration increases, the object must be accelerating.
B. As the acceleration decreases, the object must be decelerating
C. Acceleration describes how fast the speed of an object changes
D. The greater the acceleration, the greater the speed of the object
22. A person is standing in an elevator. In which situation does he find himself weightless?
A. When the elevator moves upward with constant acceleration
B. When the elevator moves downward with constant acceleration
C. When the elevator moves upward with uniform velocity
D. When the elevator moves downward, with uniform velocity