Biotechnology projects for class 12th
Hello, students so in this article we discuss Biotechnology projects for class 12th. As we know Biotechnology is a highly interdisciplinary field that combines biological sciences with engineering technologies to manipulate living organisms and biological systems to produce products that advance healthcare, medicine, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals, and environment control and have vast and immense scope.
Finding a Biotechnology Project for class 12th is quite difficult because biotechnology is such a topic that is too vast to discover. In this progressive world, there are many things which aren’t been discovered yet. Especially in biotechnology. Human physiology, plant science, animal science, genetic engineering, molecular biology, and agricultural biotechnology is one of the great topics to be discovered.
There are many plant species yet to discover. According to my knowledge out of 10, only 6 species are known to the world. So you have a good opportunity to discover or investigate many topics related to Biotechnology. Many students ask Which topic can I take up for my biotech investigatory project for CBSE class 12?
If you are truly interested and keen on the subject of biology we recommend the following biotechnology projects for class 12th. you must keep in mind that the External examiner might go more in-depth with the questions. So you must be thorough with your topic. Your topic must be interesting and it is related to Biotechnology so you can get appreciation from the external examiner too. personal experience was good Here you can get both basic biotechnology projects for class 12th as well as Advance Biotechnology Project Ideas.
How to select biotechnology project topics:
Biotechnology projects for class 12th
- Effect of Mobile radiation from Mobile towers on people and environment.
- Treatment of Ebola virus
- Project on AIDS. Taking a case study will make it more interesting.
- Cancer and its treatment is also a good topic for class 12 students.
- Project on some diseases such as myotonic dystrophy/sickle cell anemia
- Stem cell: Stem cells and their advantages
- Gene therapy, types, advantages, disadvantages.
- Genetic engineering process, application
- Plant tissue culture and its applications
- Use of biotechnology in food, agriculture, disease diagnosis, and treatment.
- Production of vaccines and recombinant drugs by using biotechnology.
- The production of transgenic animals has its advantages.
- Instrumental techniques used in biotechnology like Chromatography, electrophoresis, autoclaving, staining, etc.
- Isolation of bacteriophage from water.
- Application of genetically modified organisms in industries(fermentation)
- Bioleaching benefits, Bioremediation techniques
- Wastewater treatment by use of microbes.
- Experiments using hydroponics as a medium for plant growth
- Experiment with natural and artificial manure on plant growth.
- Experiment with the effect of artificial light on plant growth
- Effect of amylase and starch digestion
- Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA): this has advanced a lot (from planar to bead-based) keeping in mind the need for multiplexed assay
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Effects of Fertilisers, Manure, and Polythene on the rate of elongation of the Hypocot
- The Effect of Alkalines and Acids on Bacterial Growth
- Extraction from microbes any useful components
- Extraction of chemicals from inedible peels of fruits/vegetables which can be used as food additives etc
- Effectiveness of Various Spices in Promoting or Inhibiting the Spoilage Rate of Food
- Biodiesel production from wastes
- Study of the effect of Biopesticides/biofertilizers
- Effect of any stress/ component on microbial growth and their use
Also read: Top 60 Biology projects for class 12 topics
Biotechnology projects for class 12th topics
1- Gene Therapy
2- Cell Banking
3- Plant growth hormones
4- Role of Stem cells in Health sciences and medicine
5- Bone marrow transplantation
7- Human genome project
8- DNA Chips.
9- Multifunctional Nucleolus
10- Bio fermentation
13- Replication of DNA
14. Extraction of antimicrobials from plants
15. increasing the shelf life of any food product
16. production of biodiesel
17. A study using microorganisms like production of any product using them
Hope this Biotechnology projects topic for class 12th topics helps you.