MCQ on Porifera with Answers Pdf :
We bring Here MCQ Questions and Answers on Phylum Porifera. which is very important from the NEET point of view. With every question test your knowledge. Multiple Choice Questions on Porifera for NEET Aspirants are available for free, you can test your knowledge anytime and share the links with your friends to help them check their knowledge.
It will be very helpful for those students who are willing to get good marks in their board exam preparation. Get the Multiple choice questions on Porifera Pdf. All these questions are provided with answers and a detailed explanation of each Question. Check out the MCQs provided below to get an idea of the type of questions to be asked on Phylum Porifera in the NEET exam.
Important points to Remember About Phylum Porifera :
- They are commonly known as pore-bearing animals.
- All organisms are aquatic, mostly marine and few are freshwater forms.
- They are sessile or sedentary organisms, cellular level of body organization, cell aggregate body plan, and radial or no symmetry.
- These are diploblastic with outer dermal or pinacoderm layer, inner choanoderm layer between which, is present noncellular, gelatinous mesenchyme having skeletal elements. The pinacoderm consists of pinacocytes and the choanoderm consists of choanocytes.
- The surface of the body is perforated by numerous pores, the Ostia through which water enters the body and finally leaves through one or more large openings, the Osculum. The body encloses a large spongocoel Cavity.
- They are of two types: ovoviviparous and viviparous.
- The ovoviviparous animals produce large, heavily yolky eggs that develop in the reproductive tract of the mother without deriving nourishment from her, e.g Sharks, rattlesnakes, and Marsupials.
- The viviparous animals produce minute eggs and the embryos are nourished during development in the mother’s genital tract, e.g., mammals. All the animals with external fertilization, as also many with internal fertilization, lay eggs. They are called oviparous.
Multiple Choice Questions on Phylum Porifera for NEET Pdf:
1. The pathway of entering and coming out of water in sponges is________
(a) Water vascular system
(b) Canal system
(c) Feeding current
(d) Circulating current
Read: MCQ on Phylum Annelida
2. The spongocoel in Leucosolenia is lined by__________
3. In sponges, the spicules are formed by________
4. Canal system in Leucosolenia is________
(b) Syconoid oiig
Read: MCQ on Phylum Coelenterata
5. In Leucosolenia, the sideroblasts perform the function of_________
(a) Absorption of food material
(d) Formation of spicules
6. The gametes in sponges develop from_________
(d) Myocytés astea
7. The most natural concept of the individuality of a sponge, based on morphological and physiological aspects is________
(a) Ostia and canal system
(b) Osculum and canal system
(c) Ostia and diploblastic body
(d) Osculum and choanocytes
Read: MCQ on Phylum Platyhelminthes
8. In sponges, the food is stored in_______
9. A chamber common to all types of canal systems of sponges is called_______
(a) Paragastric cavity
(b) Radial chamber
(c) Excurrent canal
(d) Incurrent canal
10. If a carmine particle is put on the osculum of a living sponge, it will_________
(a) Be ingested
(b) Be thrown away
11. Collar cells occur in_________
Read: MCQ on diversity in living organisms
12. Which of the following cell type is capable of giving rise to other rise cell types in sponges?
13. Animals devoid of respiratory, excretory, and circulatory organs are_________
(d) Liver Fluke
14. Nutrition in sponges is_________
(c) First extracellular and then intracellular
(d) First intracellular and then extracellular
15. Carmine particle put above osculum of a sponge would be_________
(a) Left there
(b) Ingested and digested
(c) Thrown away
(d) Ingested and thrown away by Ostia
16. Sponges are porifers because their bodies have________
(a) Spicules in skeleton
(b) Canal system
(c) Several pores
(d) All the above
17. What is found in a sponge__________
(d) Both (a) and (c)
18. Canal system is a characteristic of_________
(b) Sea urchin
(d) Sea anemone
19. Parenchymula is the larva of_________
20. Which is universal for sponges?
(b) Calcareous spicules
(c) Radial symmetry
(d) High regenerative power
We hope the above given Multiple Choice Questions on Phylum Porifera with Answers Pdf Download will help you to score high in your board exam as well as various competitive entrance examinations also. If you have any queries regarding Phylum Porifera Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below.