MCQ on Ecosystem with Answer Pdf Download:
- As we know Ecosystems is relationship between all the living and nonliving things (plants, animals, organisms, sun, water, climate etc) interact with each other is called ecosystem.
- An ecosystem can be as small as in a desert or as big as an ocean, spanning thousands of miles. There are two types of ecosystem, Terrestrial Ecosystem, Aquatic Ecosystem
- In ecosystems the Producers are innclude in all autotrophic organisms such as plants. They are called autotrophs because they can produce their own food through the process of photosynthesis. Consequently, all other organisms called consumers because they rely on producers for food.
- Within an ecosystem there are several types of consumers, which together form a food chain. The types of consumers are divided into:
- Primary consumers : These are the animals that feed on the producers, that is, the herbivorous species;
- Secondary consumers: These are animals that feed on herbivores, the first category of carnivorous animals
- Tertiary consumers: These are large predators such as sharks, killer whales and lions, which capture large prey, being considered the top predators in the chain;
- Decomposers: These are the organisms responsible for decomposing organic matter, transforming it into mineral nutrients that become available again in the environment.
Here We brings Ecosystem NEET MCQ Questions and Answers. which is very important in NEET point of view. Multiple Choice Questions on Biodiversity and Conservation for NEET Aspirants are available for free, you can test your knowledge anytime and share the links with your friends to help them check their knowledge.
MCQ Questions on Ecosystem for NEET :
1. Which one of the following would appear as the pioneer organisms on bare rocks?
(a) Green algae
2. Secondary Succession takes place on/in_____
(a) Degraded forests
(b) Newly created pond
(c) Newly cooled lava
(d) Bare rocks
3. The natural reservoir of phosphorus is_______
(b) Sea water
(d) Animal bones
4. The second stage of hydrosere is occupied by plants like________
5. Which one of the following statements is correct for secondary succession?
(a) It is similar to primary succession except that it has a relatively fast pace.
(b) It begins on a bare rock.
(c) It occurs on a deforested site
(d) It follows primary succession.
6. What type of ecological pyramid would be obtained with the following data?
Secondary consumer: 120g,
Primary consumer: 60 g
Primary producer: 10 g.
(a) Upright pyramid of numbers
(b) Pyramid of energy
(c) Inverted pyramid of biomass
(d) Upright pyramid of biomass
7. Which ecosystem has the maximum biomass________
(a) Forest ecosystem
(b) Pond ecosystem
(c) Grassland ecosystem
(d) Lake ecosystem
8. If 20 J of energy is trapped at producer level, then how much energy will be available to peacock as food in the following chain________
Plant > Mice > Snake > Peacock
(a) 0.02 J
(b) 0.2 J
(c) 0.002 J
(d) 0.0002 J
9. Of the total incident solar radiation the proportion of PAR is_______
(a) More than 80%
(b) About 60%
(c) About 70%
(d) Less than 50%
10. Presence of plants arranged into well defined vertical layers depending on their height can be seen be in______
(a) Tropical Savannah
(c) Tropical Rain Forest
(d) Temperate Forest
11. The term ecosystem was coined by_______
12. In an ecosystem the rate of production of organic matter during photosynthesis is termed as_________
(a) Net primary productivity
(b) Gross princary productivity
(c) Secondary productivity
(d) Net Productivity
13. Secondary productivity is the rate of formation of new organic matter by________
14. The breakdown of detritus into small particles by earthworm is a process called________
15. The biomass available for consumption by herbivores and decomposers is called_____
(a) Secondary productivity
(b) Standing crop
(c) Gross primary productivity
(d) Net primary productivity
16. Which one of the following statements forpyramid of energy is incorrect, whereas the remaining three are correct___________
(a) It is upright in shape
(b) Its base is broad
(c) Its shows energy content of different trophic level organisms
(d) It is inverted in shape
17. The mass of living matter at a trophic level in an area at any time is called______
(b) Standing crop
(c) Standing state
18. Which one occupies more than one trophic level in a pond ecosystem?
19. Pick up the correct statements regarding food chain.
(i) Removal of 80 tiger resulted in greatly
increased growth of vegetation
(ii) Removal of most of the carnivores resulted in increased population of deer
(iii) Length of food chain is generaly limited to 3-4 trophic levels due to energy loss
(iv) Length of food chain may vary from 2-8 trophic levels
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (iii) and (iv)
(d) (i) and (iv)
20. The slow rate of decomposition fallen logs is due to______________
(a) Poor nitrogen content
(b) Anaerobic environment
(c) Low cellulose content
(d) Low moisture content
We hope that above given Biology MCQs for Class 12 with Answers Chapter Ecosystems will help you for your NEET exam Preparation. If you have any query regarding about Ecosystem Class 12 Biology MCQs Pdf, drop a comment below.
NEET Related Articles :