Reproduction in lower abd higher plants MCQ with Answer
Reproduction in lower and higher plants is the scoring chapter in the board exam as well as medical entrance examination. Here we have collected some important MCQ on reproduction in lower and higher plants. These reproduction in lower and higher plants MCQ Questions for all Concepts as per the latest syllabus of boards. Practice more on a regular basis with these NEET objective questions on reproduction in lower and higher plants and improve your subject knowledge & problem-solving skills along with time management. Reproduction in lower and higher plants Multiple Choice Questions make you feel confident in answering the question in the exam & increases your scores.
Q. 1 Multiple choice questions.
2. In ovule, meiosis occurs in______________
Answer : d
3. The ploidy level is NOT the same in____________
Answer : c
4. Which of the following types require pollinator but result is genetically similar to autogamy?
Answer : a
5. If diploid chromosome number in a flowering plant is 12, then which one of the following will have 6 chromosomes?
Answer : d
6. In angiosperms, endosperm is formed by/ due to___________
Answer : c
7. Point out the odd one____________
Answer : d.
1. Central body of ovule is called_______
2. Movement of non motile male gamete upto the female gamete is known as__________
b) triple fusion
3. Embryo sac is_____________
c) female gamete
d) female gametophyte
4. Most common type of ovule in angiosperms is________
5. For formation of 50 seeds, how many minimum meiotic divisions are necessary ?
6. In bisexual flowers, maturation of gynoecium before androecium is known as__________
7. If the number of chromosomes in an endosperm cell is 27, what will be the chromo- some number in the definitive nucleus?
8. Lever mechanisim of pollination is observed in_________
9. Identify the wrong one from the following : In an orthotropous ovule_________
a) the micropyle and chalaza are in one
b) the micropyle and funicle are in one
c) the funicle, embryo sac, micropyle and
style are all in one straight line
d) the funicle, chalaza, embryo sac, micropyleare not in one straight line
10. Type of pollination in Vallisneria is_________
11. The product of syngamy leads to the
12. In angiosperms, fertilization occurs________
a) in the stamen
b) when the male gamete fuses with an egg cell
c) on the outer surface of the ovary
d) some time after pollination
13. In Helobial type of endosperm development__________
a) first only nuclei divides
b) only first division is followed by cytokinesis
c) every nuclei division accompained by
d) only second division is followed by auxin
14. Entomophilous flowers usually shows
modified structures like________
a) tiny flowers with white colour
b) dry pollens with smooth surface
c) light weight, bright coloured pollen
d) sticky pollen with rough surface