Electrochemistry is a very important chapter for NEET Aspirants. NEET exam is important in your life, because your future career depends upon your score in NEET exam Electrochemistry MCQ for NEET test your knowledge, intelligence, memory and quick response. Your speed and accuracy is the essence of this NEET MCQ. For this you have to cultivate a different frame of mind. For this first solve the different electrochemistry MCQs for NEET given in this page and then try to complete each Chapter of chemistry NEET MCQs given on ybstudy.com.
With Our Electrochemistry MCQ for NEET Find out where you stand, your strong points and weak points and try to take corrective steps immediately. In this process your subconscious mind will be thinking about the correct answers of Electrochemistry MCQS for those questions and in the second round, you will be getting most of the answers. Remember before starting to solve our Electrochemistry MCQs online test all the important notes and the meaning of all definitions should be understood.
Here are the list of Electrochemistry MCQ For NEET & JEE
1) Identify the incorrect statement….
a) conductors allow the low of electricity through them
b)low of electricity through conductors involve transfer of electrons
c) mechanism of the transfer of electron for all conductors
d) mechanism of the transfer of electron is the same for all conductors
Answer: d) mechanism of the transfer of electron is the same for all conductors
2) Pick out the correct sentence about electronic conductors….
a) the conduction involve transfer of matter
b) conduction involve chemical change
c) the resistance o Conductor decreases with increase in temperature
d) the conductivity increases with increase in temperature
Answer: b) conduction involve chemical change
3) In electrolytic conductors.,….
a) the conduction do not involve the transfer of matter
b) the conduction process do not involve chemical change
c) the resistance decreases with increase in temperature
d) conductivity increases with decrease in temperature
Answer: c)the resistance decreases with increase in temperature
4) An electrolyte……..
a) dissociate into ions
b) conducts the electricity
C) possess ions even in solid state
d) all of these
Answer: d) all of these
5) According to Ohm’s law…
Answer: a) R=V/I
6) The electrical conductance (G) is…
b) G ∝1/R
Answer: a) G∝R
7) Electrochemistry is the branch of physical chemistry that deals with the study of…….
a) physical change
b) chemical change
c) mechanical change
d) chemical and electrical change
Answer: d) chemical and electrical change
8) The electricity can be generated by the chemical reactions and the production of chemical reactions by electricity. The basis of these changes are….
a) oxidation reaction
b) reduction reaction
d) redox reaction
Answer: d) redox reaction
9) The chemical NaOH which is used in the manufacture of soaps, detergents, papers etc. is prepared by the electric current in…
a) aqueous NaCI
b) molten NaCI
d) aqueous KCI
Answer: a) aqueous NaCI
10) The process of electrolysis is used in…
a) decomposition of H,0 in H, and O,
b) electro plating
d) all of these
Answer: d) all of these
11) Some statements are given below….
a) oxidation involve loss of electron
b) during Oxidation, Oxidation number decreases.
c) during Oxidation oxidation number
d) Reduction involve gain of electron
among the above incorrect is/are
a) A and C
b) B and D
c) only B
d) A, B and D
Answer: c) only B
12) Reduction involves……..
a) loss of electron
b) gain of electron
c) decrease in oxidation number
d) both ‘b and c’
Answer: d) both ‘b and c’
13) In case of electronic conductors, the conduction of electricity is due to….
a) flow of electrons
b) flow of ions
c) flow of matter
d) do not conduct electricity
Answer: a) flow of electrons
14) in electrolytic conductors, the conduction take place by….
a) flow of ions
b) flow of electrons
c) flow of atoms
d) all of these
Answer: a) flow of ions
15) The substances having the same conductivity to that of water are….
Answer: d) C12H22O11
16) Conductivity of the solution is directly proportional to….
c) number of ions
Answer: c) number of ions
17) The unit of potential difference is…..
Answer: b) volt
18) The unit of conductance is…
Answer: a) ohm-1
19) The ratio of electrolytic conductivity (K) to the molar concentration (c) of the dissolved electrolyte is known…
b) cell constant
b) molar conductivity
Answer: b) molar conductivity
20) A conductivity cell dipped in 0.01 M AgNO3, solution at 25 C gives the resistance of 1442 2 Ω. If the conductivity of the cell is 1.248 x 10 9 Ω-1 cm-1 the cell constant is…….
a) 2.6 cm-1
b) 3.0 cm-1
d) 1.8 cm-1
Answer: d) 1.8 cm-1
21) A device used to study chemical reactions electrically is known as….
a) electrolytic cell
b) Fuel cell
c) electro chemical cell
d) dry cell
Answer: c) electro chemical cell
22) The charge transfer through electronic conductors is called…
a) ionic conduction
b) electrolytic conduction
c) metallic conduction
Answer: c) metallic conduction
23) in metallic conduction….
a) charge transfer take place through metals
b) it involves the flow of electrons
c) no movement of metal atom
d) all of these
Answer: d) all of these
24) Pick out the incorrect statement
a) ionic conduction involves the motion of ions
b) an oxidation half reaction occurs at anode
c) reduction half reaction occurs at anode
d) electrodes may or may not take part in reactions
Answer: c) reduction half reaction occurs at anode
25) In electrolytic cell…
a) non-spontaneous reactions occurs
b) electric.current is passed from external source
c) electrical energy is converted into chemical energy
d) all of these
Answer: d) all of these
26) Which of the following solutions will have the highest Specific conductance?
b) 0.0001 N
c) 0.1 N
d) 1.0 N
Answer: d) 1.0 N
27) At infinite dilution, the contribution of cation and anion to the molar conductance…
a) depends on the nature of solvent
b) independent of each other
c) depends on each other
d) none of the above
Answer: b) independent of each other
28) Which of the following is not correct?
a) conductance of a solution increases with dilution
b) molar conductance increases with dilution
c) specific conductance increases with dilution
d) at infinite dilution each ion (cation or anion) play
definite role towards electrical conductance
Answer: c) specific conductance increases with dilution
29) Specific conductance of 0.1 MHNO, is 6,3 x 10%. S cm The molar conductance of the solution is….
a) 315 ohm cm
b) 630 ohm-1 cm-1
c) 6300 ohm -1 cm2
d) 100 ohm-1 cm2
Answer: b) 630 ohm-1 cm-1
30) Electrochemistry deals with…
a) conversion ot chemical to electrical energy
b) conversion of electrical to Chemical energy
c) both ‘a’ and b
d) conversion ot spontaneous chemical change into spontaneous chemical change
Answer: c) both ‘a’ and b
31) Fused NaCl conducts electricity due to the presence of….
a) free electrons
b) free ions
c) tree molecules
d) atoms of Na and CI
Answer: b) free ions
32) Sodium metal conducts electricity due to presence of…..
a) free ions
b) free atom
c) free electrons
d) free molecules
Answer: c) free electrons
33) Pure water is non electrolyte but conducts electricity on adding small amount of……
Answer: d) BaSO4
34) sodium chloride is called an electrolyte, because…
a) its molecule is made up of electrically charged particles
b) it is decomposed, when an electric current is passed through it
C) it breaks up into 1ons, when a current is passed through it
d) it ionizes, when fused or dissolved in a proper solvent
Answer: d) it ionizes, when fused or dissolved in a proper solvent
35) Which one of the following is an electrolyte?
Answer: d) NaCl
36) ionization of an electrolyte in aqueous solution is due to…..
a) instability ot the compound in aqueous medium
b) hydrolysis of the electrolyte
C) decrease in the electrostatic forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions
d) increase in the electrostatic forces of attraction between the ions
Answer: C) decrease in the electrostatic forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions
37) Which one of the following does not conduct electricity?
a) Molten NaCl
b) NaCl crystal
C) dil. solution of NaCl in water
d) conc. solution of NaCl in water
Answer: b) NaCl crystal
38) Electrolytic conduction is due to…
a) movement ot the electrolyte through the external wire
b) flow ot electrons through the solution
c) migration of ions to the oppositely charged electrodes
d) tlow of positive ions through the external wire
Answer: c) migration of ions to the oppositely charged electrodes
39) Faraday’s First law of electrolysis gives the relation between…
a) amount of a substance deposited or liberated and the quantity ot electricity
b) amount of a substance deposited or liberated and the equivalent weight
c) amount ot a substance deposited or evolved and the concentration ot an electrolyte
d) amount of a substance deposited or evolved and atomic weights
Answer: a) amount of a substance deposited or liberated and the quantity ot electricity
40) The mathematical expression of Faraday’s first law of electrolysis is……..
b) W-Z x I x t
d) both ‘b’ and c
Answer: d) both ‘b’ and c
41) Which of the following expression is written properly?
b) I= t/Q
Answer: d) I=Q/t
42) In electrolysis mass of discharged ion is not proportional to…..
b) quantity of electricity
d) chemical equivalent of ions
Answer: c) resistance
43) A current of I’ amperes is passed through the solution of an electrolyte for time t min, when ‘m’ g of a substance is liberated at the electrode. The electrochemical equivalent of the substance is equal to…..
a) m/ 60It
b) It/ 60m
Answer : a) m/ 60It
44) The quantity ot the metal deposited at the cathode during electrolysis depends on…..
a) shape af cathode
b) concentration of electrolyte
c) only quantity of charge passing through the solution
d) quantity of charge and valency of the metal
Answer: d) quantity of charge and valency of the metal
45) How many coulombs of electricity are consumed when 100 mA current is passed through a solution of AgNO3,for 30 minutes during electrolysis experiment?
Answer: d) 180
46) At STP 1.12 litre ot H, is obtained on flowing a current for 965 seconds in a solution. The value of current is….
Answer: c) 10
47) The atomic weight of Cu is 64. The weight of Cu liberated from CusO, solution by passing a cement of 0.965 ampere ior l000 seconds would be….
a) 0.64 kg
b) 0.32 x 10-3 kg
c) 0.64 g
Answer: b) 0.32 x 10-3 kg
48) The atomic weight of oaxygen is 16 hence the ECE of oxygen in kg per coulomb is….
a) 8:29 x 10-8
b) 8:29 x 10-5
c) 0-008x 96500
Answer: a) 8:29 x 10-8
49) A current of 5 amperes when passed through a solution of AgNO, for 20 minutes deposited 6-0 x 10 kg of Ag. The Z for Ag is equal to…
a) 6000 gm/C
b) 1.0x 10 gm/C
c) 1.0x 10 kg/C
d) 96500 gm/C
Answer: c) 1.0x 10 kg/C
50) The atomic weight of Al is x, the electrochemical equivalent of Al in the solution of Aluminium sulphate
a) 3x/ F
b) X/ 3F
Answer: b) X/ 3F
51) Electrochemical cell is a device for….
a) Conversion of potential energy into kinetics
b) Conversion of electrical energy into chemical energy
c) Conversion of chemical energy into electrical energy
d) both b and ‘c
Answer: d) both b and ‘c
52) Which of the following is also known as electrogenic cell?
d) both b and c
Answer: a) Galvanic
53) Which of the following statements is correct?
a) Cathode is positive terminal in an electrolytic cell
b) Cathode is negative terminal in an galvanic cell
c) Reduction occurs at cathode in either of the cells
d) Oxidation occurs at cathode in either of the cells
Answer: c) Reduction occurs at cathode in either of the cells
54) Concentration of Zn2+ and Cu2+ in the Daniel cell increased 10 times, the emf of the cell…
a) increases by 10 times
b) decreases by 10 times
c)increases by 1/10 times
d) remains constant
Answer: d) remains constant
55) During the working of the Daniel cell, which of the following happens?
a) The size ot the zinc rod remains same but blue colour of CuSO4, solution becomes faint
b) The size of the zinc rod is reduced and the blue colour of CuSO4, solution becomes faint
c) The size of the zinc rod is reduced but there is no change in the intensity of colour of CuSO, solution
d) The size of zinc rod as well as the intensity of the colour of CusO, solution remain unchanged
Answer: b) The size of the zinc rod is reduced and the blue colour of CuSO4, solution becomes faint
56) The wrong statement regarding Daniel cell is……
a) Zn acts as anode
b) Cu acts as positive electrode
c) Electrons flow from Cu to Zn
d) Cu acts as cathode
Answer: c) Electrons flow from Cu to Zn
57) The passage of electrons in the Daniel cell, when Zn and Cu electrodes are connected is from……
a) Cu to Zn in the cell
b) Cu to Zn outside cell
c) Zn to Cu in the cell
d) Zn to Cu outside cell
Answer: d) Zn to Cu outside cell
58) Other things being equal, the life of a Daniel cell may be increased by….
a) keeping temperature high
b) using large copper electrodes
C) using large zinc electrodes
d) decreasing concentration of Cu-2+ ions
Answer: C) using large zinc electrodes
59) The half cell for which conventional reduction potential is taken to be zero is…
b) zn half cell
C) N. H. E
d) std. Ag half cell
Answer: C) N. H. E
60) cell voltage is….
a) extensive property
b) intensive property
C) both a and b
d) none of these
Answer: b) intensive property